Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

5 Phrases My Teenagers Say That Drive Me Crazy

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 8:07 PM
  • 20 Replies
1 mom liked this

There are certain phrases that every time they are said I feel my eye start to twitch a little. I have heard them so often that now, every time they are uttered I want to scream. Here are some examples:

"OH MY GOD" I put this all capitalized because it is generally said loudly with extreme exaggeration. This is generally accompanied by an eye roll and sometimes a foot stomp. This means that we are stupid and/or ruining their life because we have told them no about something or asked them to do a chore.

"Why do I have to do it?"Implying that this clearly is my job and I should not be making them stop playing their video game and get up off of the couch. Why should they have to pick up after themselves? After all they are on summer vacation or if it's during the school year, they all ready went to school all day, they need a break.

"I don't care" This one usually happens when we try to talk to them about school work or studying. Studying is not "cool" and they have better things to do with time (friends and video games). They don't care that they are failing, or that we are going to ground them, or about anything really. Caring is so uncool...

"I don't know" This is their answer to EVERY question asked. Even the question of, "what did you do today?" How do you not know what you did a few hours ago? This usually means that they did something that they don't want us know.

Finally, we get my all time pet peeve, "It's not my fault." This is said everyday, numerous times a day. How could it be their fault that they left the fridge open all night? Or that they spilled their drink? Or neglected to tell us about an upcoming school event? It must be our fault because we didn't read their minds or follow along behind them with a dish cloth. Silly me...

Does anyone else have any that drive them a little nuts every time they hear it?

http://www.mystepmomlife.com/

by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 8:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brandoneaglemom
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 8:23 PM
They say REally??? Or ill do it later or WHY?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GingerNeeSmith
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 8:30 PM

SHIT YOU ARE A DREAM KILLER...I WAS KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED THAT ONCE MY 8 Y/O DD & 7 Y/O DS GOT TO BE TEENAGERS THAT THEY WOULD STOP SAYING ALL THE ABOVE.

I DIDN'T DO IT...WELL WE KNOW IT'S THAT DAMN GHOST WE HAVE THAT KEEPS DOING SHUT AROUND HERE

mhmomma
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 8:31 PM
Please my 9 and 6 year old talk like that. Oh my 9 year old loves to trow what the around
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Holztastic
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 8:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't have a teenager, but do have a teenage sister. She says YOLO and it makes me want to punch her in the nose, lol

ThatsTheWayItIs
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 8:46 PM
My 3 year old says " it wasn't me, it was..." I hear this multiple times a day everyday. I on the other hand am guilty of actually saying OMG (OH EM GEE) . I have a feeling my girls are going to be one of those teenagers abbreviating everything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snowangel1979
by Member on Jul. 3, 2012 at 8:49 PM
I hate the word Random.
That's so random, your so random or random this or that.

Please look up the meaning of random and you'll find that walking around saying everything, everyone is random - is in fact not random.

Or everything is akward (sp?). That word drives me nuts too. Saying akward every 5 seconds or what ever. My 8 year old picked it up and started saying it. I was telling him everything is not akward.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CoeyG
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 9:17 PM

"Whatever" usually spoken by highly intelligent persons.  

The one I most often use is DUH I'm really bad with that one.  

Charli627
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 11:22 PM
Lol, I'm bad with the oh my God one
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyJDTJ
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 12:33 AM

My 5 year old says akward all the time too. Lol.

My 15 year old sister has a habit of saying poop for everything...its really annoying. She also says things are interesting, all the time. My 14.5 month old now can say the word poop too. 

Quoting snowangel1979:

I hate the word Random.
That's so random, your so random or random this or that.

Please look up the meaning of random and you'll find that walking around saying everything, everyone is random - is in fact not random.

Or everything is akward (sp?). That word drives me nuts too. Saying akward every 5 seconds or what ever. My 8 year old picked it up and started saying it. I was telling him everything is not akward.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TheJerseyGirl
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 5:54 AM

"Whatever"....when they say that it makes my toenails curl!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)