Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

5 Phrases My Teenagers Say That Drive Me Crazy

Posted by   + Show Post

There are certain phrases that every time they are said I feel my eye start to twitch a little. I have heard them so often that now, every time they are uttered I want to scream. Here are some examples:

"OH MY GOD" I put this all capitalized because it is generally said loudly with extreme exaggeration. This is generally accompanied by an eye roll and sometimes a foot stomp. This means that we are stupid and/or ruining their life because we have told them no about something or asked them to do a chore.

"Why do I have to do it?"Implying that this clearly is my job and I should not be making them stop playing their video game and get up off of the couch. Why should they have to pick up after themselves? After all they are on summer vacation or if it's during the school year, they all ready went to school all day, they need a break.

"I don't care" This one usually happens when we try to talk to them about school work or studying. Studying is not "cool" and they have better things to do with time (friends and video games). They don't care that they are failing, or that we are going to ground them, or about anything really. Caring is so uncool...

"I don't know" This is their answer to EVERY question asked. Even the question of, "what did you do today?" How do you not know what you did a few hours ago? This usually means that they did something that they don't want us know.

Finally, we get my all time pet peeve, "It's not my fault." This is said everyday, numerous times a day. How could it be their fault that they left the fridge open all night? Or that they spilled their drink? Or neglected to tell us about an upcoming school event? It must be our fault because we didn't read their minds or follow along behind them with a dish cloth. Silly me...

Does anyone else have any that drive them a little nuts every time they hear it?

http://www.mystepmomlife.com/

by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 8:07 PM
Replies (11-20):
angeleyes16
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 5:59 AM

I don't have a teenager, but my 4 year old is constantly asking "why?" It gets to the point where I don't know why! It drives me nuts, but I try to be patient lol.

suetoo
by Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 9:45 AM
WHATEVER
Shellness
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 3:01 PM

Oh my God is not allowed in my house.

When my dd refers to someone as her home girl or home boy I wanna pull her hair out and ask her where she was raised. Not at my house. Give me a break. She got that from her intelligent boyfriend she moved in with. UGG!

my4littlegirls
Now I am reading the Divergent Series! Already read the first 2 books and I am on the third.
Monday at 3:25 PM
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 5:04 PM
The one I hate is "My bad"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Blessedmommytob
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 5:41 PM
I hate the when teens and even people in there 20s throw text message lingo around in words such as "smh" or "wtf" .. i also had tht yolo shit whatever it even means and i absolutely. HATE THE STUPID SARCASM
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bhow
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 9:09 AM

1.  I HATE... ... ...!   If I "hated" as much as my 15yr old I'd have a headache 24/7, I'd be so miserable!  I charge $2 for every time I hear it...slowly getting rid of that one.

2. That Freaking Sucks!    I hear it so much I catch myself saying it!!  Yikes!  (so I don't charge $)

3. I'll do it later!            I am slowly breaking that habit with consequences if it doesn't get done "now".

4. Why? She doesn't!    I usually reply,   Because I'm the mom! That's why!

mystepmomlife
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 8:05 PM

"Really?"  and "Seriously?" drive my husband crazy!

rosebud727
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Me too! It sounds so un-intelligent.

Also, "that's epic."  Ugh!

Quoting my4littlegirls:

The one I hate is "My bad"

tessiedawg
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 1:14 AM

"But I really wanna!"

Usually said in a high pitched whine by my 13 yo when she wants go somewhere or do something and for whatever reason , I said "No."  Oh I hear it a lot! *gnashes teeth*

hab72206
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 5:26 AM

My kids aren't teenagers yet but my 19 yr old sister always says "it is what it is" i can not stand that saying any more!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)