Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

Have you added up what your Back To School stuff is gonna cost?

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 12:49 PM
  • 229 Replies

I have a son going into middle school and to my surprise the list is sooooooooooo long..

clorox wipes

jump drive

special calculator etc......

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 12:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HTMommy
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this

not yet...I'm waiting to see if we were getting the help this year or not. Because we're so poor we are involved in a community/school program to help families with the holidays and school supplies. I got a letter asking if we were wanted in and I never got anything in response so I don't know. 4th and 1st grade supplies aren't too bad. I just hate how we supply them with cleaning supplies and other crap that is covered by the budget.

campingmomof4
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 1:19 PM
9 moms liked this

Wait to you have to put them in college.   Middle School and High School is alot cheaper. 

betsystipo
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 1:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't know what they'll need yet, but they are only going into Kindergarten!  It shouldn't be that bad!

TheJerseyGirl
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this

That calculator is expensive! Like $120??? I know I know....the list gets longer and costs more every year!

TheJerseyGirl
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Just finding that out this Summer! Kind of shocking...

Quoting campingmomof4:

Wait to you have to put them in college.   Middle School and High School is alot cheaper. 

CoeyG
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 2:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Not gonna cost me anything LOL

campingmomof4
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 3:41 PM

I have 2 daughters in college.  The first year is the most expensive.  Besides books that is every semester.  My girls rent alot of them off some sites on the internet.

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

Quoting campingmomof4:

LivinDeadGurl
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 3:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Not yet. I haven't found out what all my son needs yet. He is in a life skills class (for special needs children) and I haven't received his list yet.

TheJerseyGirl
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 3:57 PM

That's the advice we have gotten so far...to rent them. I looked on Amazon and couldnt believe the prices of some of the books! My son is going for free the frist 2 years as long as his grades stay up..I'm so grateful for that and just dont see how parents can afford to send their kids to such pricey schools!

Quoting campingmomof4:

I have 2 daughters in college.  The first year is the most expensive.  Besides books that is every semester.  My girls rent alot of them off some sites on the internet.

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

Quoting campingmomof4:

diaperstodating
by Angel on Jul. 19, 2012 at 4:02 PM
Not yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN