Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Vacation with or without....

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 7:44 AM
  • 31 Replies
Family like parents, siblings or inlaws. Yes or no and why?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 7:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mhmomma
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 9:31 AM
2 moms liked this
I prefer to vacation just me hubby and kids. It is so much more relaxing and stress free. I have not enjoyed family vacations in the past. Lesson learned. I can do a few days but that's it. Small doses.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bleacheddecay
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2012 at 10:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Our extended families are not easy to be around so sadly I'd say without if we want to enjoy ourself and/or relax.

TheJerseyGirl
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this

I hate vacationing with anyone else but my Dh and the kids...believe me, Dh is about all I can handle sometimes

CoolMommyofboys
by Platinum Member on Jul. 22, 2012 at 2:28 PM
We vacation with the inlaws often. They are the best. We have a great time.

When we went on our family vacation a few weeks ago just the four if us, we called the inlaws and asked them if they wanted to meet us at Sea World- they did- we had a blast

We are going to DW in Nov with the inlaws and SIL/BIL and my niece and nephew. I can't wait
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snuggiewoogie
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 3:24 PM

I go every year with my Jeff, Jenna, Jazzy and my mom for a whole week to the beach. It works out fine we all do are own thing for the most part and we have a 3 bedroom condo so we can all get out of each other's hair.

at the beach

dingysfamily
by Suzi on Jul. 22, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Depends.  Both my parent & dh's are passed and his (when alive lived one house down & didn't travel); we used to go visit my dad & stepmom when he lived in Mobile AL, but then he moved back to VA (long story) and there was no way we (me) was going to travel a long distance with him often ... we did a couple of times & I went nuts!!  We did take a few trips with our kids & their families, but in separate vehicles.  Most of our vacations were just dh, me & our youngest dd for the past 10-15 years; we've gone to visit family (youngest son who lives in FL & other relatives in other states) many times though as well as just places we wanted to go ourselves.  Now that our youngest dd is older, we often go away on our own a lot also.

IAMmomtotrips
by Member on Jul. 22, 2012 at 4:40 PM
Usually, my mom, dad, and her sister and her hubby do one vacation together each year and one on our own!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rach0307
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 4:44 PM
We live so far from family, so when we have a "vacation", we always spend it visiting them. I love them and all, but I really wish we could have a family vacation once in a while on our own.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommasboyz17
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 5:23 PM

We hardly ever go on vacation but I would have to say no way to the other family members. My family nope their roudy and his lives in NM so no I would love to go with his mom and dad their great!!

CoeyG
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 5:32 PM

i vacationed with inlaws every damn year, it was nice when we went somewhere other than the fingerlakes without inlaws.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)