Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

I must be getting old.....

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 3:59 PM
  • 23 Replies
1 mom liked this

today I went to se the movie Ice Age with my daughter would you believe maybe 15 minutes into the movie I was falling asleep. This happens everytime I go to the movies I start to nod out after 15 or 20 minutes. I just had a complete physical last week and everything was good. Oh this also happens if I am driving in the car after a little while maybe about a half hour or hour into driving I start to fall asleep. Does this happen to you guys? Maybe I am getting Narcolepsy! lol....

sleep

by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 3:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CoeyG
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 5:17 PM

Did the doctor take blood tests during your last visit?  Did they take a study of your oxygen levels?  Falling asleep while driving is not old age.  You might ask the doctor about doing a sleep study as well.

LivinDeadGurl
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 6:35 PM

I have no issues with it, but my husband does.

mhmomma
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 6:36 PM
Hmm not sure. I don't have that issue. My hubby on the other hand can fall asleep anywhere anytime. Always has
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LexRi0709
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 6:37 PM
Falling asleep is not normal. I would set up an appt and speak with your dr about it. It could be a number of things; narcolepsy, sleep apnea, unbalanced hormones or vitamin levels and more! Get that checked out!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snuggiewoogie
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Quoting CoeyG:

Did the doctor take blood tests during your last visit?  Did they take a study of your oxygen levels?  Falling asleep while driving is not old age.  You might ask the doctor about doing a sleep study as well.

Yes they took four viles of blood and she checked alot now I don't know about oxygen levels. Now I am a little spooked about this! Hope it's nothing serious :(

snuggiewoogie
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

Chickie you are only 30! Heehee :) I'm 42 and falling apart! lol....

CoeyG
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Quoting snuggiewoogie:

Quoting CoeyG:

Yes they took four viles of blood and she checked alot now I don't know about oxygen levels. Now I am a little spooked about this! Hope it's nothing serious :(

It is nothing t be spooked about Just call your doctor and tell her of your concerns about falling asleep so much and that you were wondering about your oxygen levels.  It could be that you have sleep apnea which causes a loss of oxygen to your body resluting in you falling asleep at inappropiate times.  Sleep studies are nothing major, you go in they hook you up to a machine and you go to sleep.  They send the reports to your doctor and you might be fitted for a Cpap that helps you obtain oxygen while you are sleeping.   

CoeyG
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Quoting snuggiewoogie:

Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

Chickie you are only 30! Heehee :) I'm 42 and falling apart! lol....

At 42 you should not be falling asleep while driving.  

TheJerseyGirl
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 6:52 AM

Oh you are not getting Narcolepsy!LOL! I get woozy some days too..of course, I' gonna be 44...so maybe we're both getting old?!?!?!

trekkiechic
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 7:41 AM

it happens to me too driving, not usually watching a movie but watching tv too...I think we just get so worn out from running around with the kiddos we don't realize how tired we are till we are stuck sitting doing nothing for a few moments...lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)