Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

Do you ever...

Posted by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 11:15 AM
Amy
  • 12 Replies

Leave your kids in the pool alone?

What I mean is.  If your kids are in the pool but you need to run in and grab a drink, answer the phone or use the restroom... do you make them get out or do you let them stay in the pool alone for the few minutes that you're gone?

What is the youngest age you'd allow your kids in the pool without you there?

by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 11:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
snuggiewoogie
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 12:07 PM

No I take her with me..... I would never leave her alon not even for a second!

CoolMommyofboys
by Platinum Member on Aug. 2, 2012 at 12:47 PM
We do not have a pool in our back yard but we do have a pool that only the people in our neighborhood (HOA) can use. I have left my boys- five and eight alone long enough to run to the restroom but that's it...there is not a life guard but there is always other people there. We have never had the pool to ourselves. I'm confident if something were to happen that others would help the boys. The deepest part of the pool is only four feet also- thr eight year old can touch- the five year old is a great swimmer (better than the older one)

We have passes to the water park also- I allow the older one to play alone in the wave pool or lazy river- again there are always a ton of people there and their are life guards at the water park. The youngest is a mommy's boy- he wouldn't stay without me even if I allowed it lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Amy on Aug. 2, 2012 at 12:53 PM

I wouldn't have any problem leaving my 15 year old alone at the pool.  My 11 year old though.... he's not the greatest swimmer and he's a bit immature, so while I'd leave him there, I'd make him get out and wait til I got back.

CoeyG
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 1:00 PM

My daughter was seven before I left her alone in the pool but then she had been a water baby and I had her in lessons before her first birthday.  If the phone rang I let it ring.  I went pee before we went outside, I kept a cooler of drinks on the patio when we ere outside.  

edgymom24
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 1:17 PM

my son i 3 1/2 he goes where i go

Lindalou907
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 8:24 PM

I used to go in for a few minutes,but not before they were all strong swimmers.

Charizma77
by Carissa on Aug. 2, 2012 at 8:26 PM
No
TheJerseyGirl
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 8:39 PM

Mine are older so YES they can be...but when they were younger? No way!

Bradensmommy719
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 8:42 PM
No bean is too young to stay out in the pool alone. He has to come with me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
letstalk747
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 8:49 PM

they go with me

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)