Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

for a woman to not marry her S/O cause she wants to keep receiving alimony or death benefits from a prior husband? I'm talking kids and a house with the guy and turns him down everytime cause she doesn't want to lose any extra money.

What's your thoughts on this?

What if she is receiving benefits from more than one guy? Death benefits from one, child support from another and with a third (which is where more children and a house come in) but refuses marriage solely because she doesn't want to lose money (her words)?

(BTW...this came up because I heard some acquaintances talking about a woman they know that has this going on. They say she's a nice woman, but is hurting her long-time love this way.)

by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:51 AM
Replies (21-23):
pampire
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 6:35 AM

This.  If she doesn't NEED the money and she knows that not accepting the proposal hurts her SO then she's cruel.

Quoting LizTwins72:

Well, just because he wants to marry her doesn't mean he is willing or able to support other's men kids. I know someone that married a woman w kids and he doesn't pay anything for them. They go out to eat and my friend pays for her kids meals - out of the money sent from the kids dads. New hubby has a lame low paying job and states he can't afford it. Same w clothing, school activities, etc. A marriage certificate is not the solution for everything.

CoeyG
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Quoting pampire:

This.  If she doesn't NEED the money and she knows that not accepting the proposal hurts her SO then she's cruel.

Quoting LizTwins72:

Well, just because he wants to marry her doesn't mean he is willing or able to support other's men kids. I know someone that married a woman w kids and he doesn't pay anything for them. They go out to eat and my friend pays for her kids meals - out of the money sent from the kids dads. New hubby has a lame low paying job and states he can't afford it. Same w clothing, school activities, etc. A marriage certificate is not the solution for everything.

Why is she "cruel" Because she doesn't want to get married?  Oh please.  And who is to determine whether she needs the money or not...she wants the money, she is entitled to have what she wants.  If he doesn't like it he has the option of moving on and finding someone who isn't so involved with money.

pampire
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Quoting CoeyG:

Quoting pampire:

Quoting LizTwins72:

Why is she "cruel" Because she doesn't want to get married?  Oh please.  And who is to determine whether she needs the money or not...she wants the money, she is entitled to have what she wants.  If he doesn't like it he has the option of moving on and finding someone who isn't so involved with money.

Valid point.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN