Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you found out your teen daughter was having sex...

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 2:40 PM
  • 62 Replies

Would you put her on the pill or other birth control?

I'm wondering where everyone stands on this...my thinking is if they've done it, they will find another way to keep doing it. So unless you lock them in the house, they are going to continue to have sex. So I would....

Some think that gives them to OK to keep doing it and that you are ok with that.

Thoughts?

by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 2:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VintageWife
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 2:52 PM

No, we don't use BC. When she's old enough to be out of our house, she can get it if she feels no convictions on it.

StarryRain
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 2:58 PM
2 moms liked this
I would most certainly educate her regarding her options.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FIREFOX1336
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 3:02 PM
Luckily I have years before I have to figure this out. Part Of me says yes, part of me days I knew not to come home pregnant and to use precautions when I was a teen I hope she is smart enough to do the same.
mjp2707
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 3:06 PM
2 moms liked this
I hope all my children feel comfortable enough to come to me before they have sex. If they come to me and say they are thinking about doing it we will make the proper birth control options. We are a very open and honest family. I hope that continues into te teenage years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
funnygurl56
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 3:10 PM
3 moms liked this

Yes, I would.  My daughter is on the pill, but to help lighten her period.  My thinking is I would rather have her on the pill than pregnant!!!!!!

Karyn hugs

MomsRule723
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 3:13 PM
2 moms liked this

This.  Don't be naive or stupid about it.  If she has done it, she probably will continue to do it.  Better to protect her and her future then to have a teen with a child. 

Quoting funnygurl56:

Yes, I would.  My daughter is on the pill, but to help lighten her period.  My thinking is I would rather have her on the pill than pregnant!!!!!!

mizhoward
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 3:15 PM
We would have a talk about it and then I would put her on the pill.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
funnygurl56
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 3:15 PM
1 mom liked this

AMEN!

Quoting MomsRule723:

This.  Don't be naive or stupid about it.  If she has done it, she probably will continue to do it.  Better to protect her and her future then to have a teen with a child. 

Quoting funnygurl56:

Karyn hugs

TheJerseyGirl
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 3:16 PM

Mine knows that I am open to her coming to me when she feels the time is right...She has a pretty serious boyfriend and I feel the time is coming!

Quoting mizhoward:

We would have a talk about it and then I would put her on the pill.

jonnlilithsmom
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 3:19 PM
2 moms liked this

I have already gone through this stage with my son, and it will be a few years before I have to "worry" about it with my daughter, but I have given it a lot of thought.

I have already started my 4 year old daughter with sex education... at every opportunity, I teach her about her body, her biology, and about being a girl/woman, in language she can understand, simply by being honest and open with her when she asks questions, or needs to know something, and the chance is there to teach it.

By the time she reaches puberty, it is my intention that she will know what she needs to know to make educated choices for herself, about her own sexuality.

I hope she will come to me and ask for birth control before she starts having sex, so it won't be a matter of me "finding out" that she's having sex.

this approach worked wonderfully with her brother, it's got a pretty good chance of working with her, I think.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)