Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

Unborn child put on Craigslist

Posted by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 8:54 AM
  • 9 Replies

By Kelly Davis - email
  •  

•  

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- A Louisville woman looking to give her unborn baby up for adoption, turns to Craigslist.

WDRB news uncovered an ad looking for a family to take care of a pregnant 25 year-old, then pay her for having the child.

We called the number listed on the advertisement, but the call went straight to voicemail.

The woman posted the ad Monday morning, and it has since been taken down.

Louisville Metro Police say they were contacted and are looking into the it, but have not opened an investigation.

Adoption Attorney Mitch Charney says not only is it illegal to sell a child, here in Kentucky you are not allowed to advertise an adoption.

Charney says it could be a scam, "I would be wondering how many different individuals is this person going to be collecting money from and perhaps never place the baby for adoption."

Charney says for a safe and successful adoption, work with a recognized adoption lawyer, or licensed agency.

by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 8:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MrsRinehart2010
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 8:56 AM

WEll she can contact me an I wil adopt him/her :O) I will be glad to hire a lawyer !

Ive always wanted to adopt!

angie2568
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Some people are just sad with the "scams" or unthoughtful things they do or say...Lots of prayers for all.

EireLass
by Silver Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Why don't you contact her?

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

WEll she can contact me an I wil adopt him/her :O) I will be glad to hire a lawyer !

Ive always wanted to adopt!

EireLass
by Silver Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Someone on CM is pregnant and doesn't want it.

jess80
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 3:16 PM
People are crazy!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MPH_2010
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 3:26 PM

This is way worse than the lady selling her soul on ebay... People just keep getting crazier :(

CoeyG
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Since the add has been taken down it's hard to figure out what is going on.  I see that no reference to price has been posted so it would be difficult to form an actual opinion.  Could be a young woman who is scared and doesn't know what to do.  If I were an adoption lawyer I'd try to get hold of her and help her if it truly is legit.  Then again it could be a scam with poor desperate souls sending money for someone to walk away with.  To them I would say, why the hell didn't you go through an agency/lawyer?  

snuggiewoogie
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 4:25 PM

Aww Jeez!

StarryRain
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 6:33 PM
Seriously people!??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)