Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

To see the kind of shows that are coming on this fall :(

by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 1:15 AM
Replies (41-42):
VintageWife
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 12:08 AM
How about we agree to disagree? I do like censorship. I think it's nice when someone finally stands up and says enough is enough and decides to limit the amount of garbage shown during children's awake hours.

Quoting CoeyG:

Quoting VintageWife:

Quoting kaitybird:

Why get sad!!! There are so many other things you could be doing besides watching tv.  We just watch regular over the air channels, if we don't like what we are seeing we will turn it off or watch something on boxee tv.  No big deal here!  :)  We get more done and have more family with the tv off.  :)

Oh, I turn it off a lot. The sad part is that when we do want to sit down as a family to watch tv, I flip and flip and flip and find nothing worth our time :(

So find another source of entertainment, Netflix, Hulu, Etc.  The fact that you don't like sex and violence, etc doesn't mean that other's have to share your opinion.  I don't like censorship.  When there is something on I don't want to watch I turn it off and find something else.  

I turn on my Roku, I use Netflix, Hulu, I go to Crackle even though they are limited.  I check the Networks online.  I got rid of my $80 a month Cable and I have more and better programming than when I had it and it all costs me less than $30 a month.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CoeyG
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Quoting VintageWife:

How about we agree to disagree? I do like censorship. I think it's nice when someone finally stands up and says enough is enough and decides to limit the amount of garbage shown during children's awake hours.

Quoting CoeyG:

Quoting VintageWife:

Quoting kaitybird:

Why get sad!!! There are so many other things you could be doing besides watching tv.  We just watch regular over the air channels, if we don't like what we are seeing we will turn it off or watch something on boxee tv.  No big deal here!  :)  We get more done and have more family with the tv off.  :)

Oh, I turn it off a lot. The sad part is that when we do want to sit down as a family to watch tv, I flip and flip and flip and find nothing worth our time :(

So find another source of entertainment, Netflix, Hulu, Etc.  The fact that you don't like sex and violence, etc doesn't mean that other's have to share your opinion.  I don't like censorship.  When there is something on I don't want to watch I turn it off and find something else.  

I turn on my Roku, I use Netflix, Hulu, I go to Crackle even though they are limited.  I check the Networks online.  I got rid of my $80 a month Cable and I have more and better programming than when I had it and it all costs me less than $30 a month.  

And I think it is the parents job to monitor what their children see on television, not the government's.  A Government that tells it's people what they can see/do/eat/drink/listen to/get healthcare from/ bascially how to live is called Communism.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)