Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

Why Wait for Spring? Fall Is a Great Time to Re-Org Cluttered Closets!

Posted by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 12:01 PM
  • 11 Replies

This time of year is a prime opportunity for getting your life in order. And one place to start is your closet.

When was the last time you gave yours an organizational overhaul?

These tips - including a super-easy guideline for knowing when you should sell or donate old items (at about 4 minutes into the video) - will help make the purge easier!

What does your closet look like? Post pics if you dare!

If you liked this video, subscribe to CafeMom Studios for more...
Powered by CafeMom Studios

by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 12:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
snuggiewoogie
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 2:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I spent 3 hours this morning cleaning out 1 closet and I'm glad that I did cause it looks so much better :)

KamisMommysGirl
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 2:44 PM

the last time i cleaned out my closet was when i was moving and i threw out everything we didnt need/want so these closets won't need cleaned out for awhile 

**MY KAMI IS GOING TO BE A BIG SISTER!**
diaperstodating
by Angel on Aug. 18, 2012 at 4:54 PM

I moved last year. I live really close to a Goodwill now, and whenever I see something we don't need I just drop it off. I don't need to de-clutter any closets, we got rid of alot during the move.

earthangel1967
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 7:33 PM

I always have clean closets I am probably a little bit ocd about NOT being able to tolerate clutter or even storing things so its kind of easy for me, however our closets are extra full than usual currently bc our 20 yr old daughter is staying with us extended temporarily just to save up enough money to move across the country to california and go to personal fitness training school. But no excess other than that in the closets.

YVONNE

Charli627
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 10:21 PM
3 moms liked this
With working, i dont feel like cleaning anything when i get home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Butterfly1108
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 1:24 AM
I know what you mean :/
TheJerseyGirl
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 5:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I want you to know that for the frist time EVER my closets are so damn organized and look so good I drool when I open the doors.

And i will say it gives you great incentive to KEEP them that way! Everyone should try it one closet at a time! We also handed down or donated everything we didnt want in them anymore....also a great thing to do!

bookworm14
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 3:07 PM
I can't wait to have a chance to organize my bedroom closet when our remodel gets done. When I cleaned the room out to prepare, I bagged things up for Goodwill. But I'm thinking I may do it again when I clean my house after the remodel. I wanna keep my brand new closet looking great!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
autiemama516
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 3:14 PM

This gave me incentive to go upstairs and start cleaning! Thanks for posting!

baymom4
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 8:02 PM

I call it Fall cleaning!! I love to start fresh before school starts and I start back to work at the school. I go through the kid's clothes and our clothes, donate them and make room for the new stuff and clean out the closets and do some dusting. It really makes a difference:) That reminds me, the kitchen needs some organization too!LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)