Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

In an effort to see if even God facepalms, Pat Robertson says sexually abused children shouldn't be adopted lest they grew up to be "weird"

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 8:02 AM
  • 15 Replies

Pat Robertson: Don't adopt sexually abused children that could grow up ‘weird'

By David Edwards
Thursday, August 16, 2012 16:12 EDT
CBN's Pat Robertson

Televangelist Pat Robertson on Thursday cautioned his viewers to think twice before adopting disadvantaged children that had been sexually abused or deprived of food because they could grow up "weird."

During Thursday's edition of The 700 Club co-host Kristi Watts read a letter from a woman who wanted to know why men stopped dating her when they learned that she had adopted three daughters from three different countries.

"Can I answer?" Watts asked. "I was going to say because they're dogs. ... That's just wrong on every level."

"No, it's not wrong," Robertson disagreed. "A man doesn't want to take on the United Nations, and this woman's got all these various children and blended family. What is it?"

The TV preacher then told a story about his "dear friend" who had adopted a son with brain damage and the boy "grew up weird."

"You just never know what's been done to a child before you get that child," he explained. "What kind of sexual abuse, what kind of cruelty, what kind of food deprivation, etc., etc., etc."

"So, you're not a dog because you don't want to take on that responsibility," Robertson added. "You don't have to take on somebody else's problems."

"OK, let's get to the next question. I'm in trouble."

Watch this video from CBN's The 700 Club via Right Wing Watch, broadcast Aug. 16, 2012.

by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 8:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
snuggiewoogie
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 8:46 AM

Ok!

EireLass
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2012 at 9:28 AM

He needs to stop talking and smoke a joint.

Charli627
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 1:08 PM
Smh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CoeyG
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 2:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't pay attention to Pat Robertson anyway, can't hear him with his head stuck so far up his ass that way

mightymo
by Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 9:09 PM

this guy is getting nuttier as time goes by,everytime he opens his mouth he sounds like an ass

jenettyshome
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this

He needs to be smacked around a bit.  lol.

Neale Donald Walsch - "Mine is not a better way, mine is merely another way."

Divine Right to be Rich Blog

My laundry detergent is tax deductible.  Is yours?

VintageWife
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Sometimes I think he's going through dementia. He's been saying really weird stuff.

tristahope
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 1:40 PM
I deff agree with yall. He should have to go threw what these children do and then see how weird he thinks they are then. No child should be talked about like he does. He needs GOD in his life!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CoeyG
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 2:08 PM

I would say that he's going to hell but since I'll be running th show there I'm not gonna let him in.

StarryRain
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 2:21 PM

I cannot believe he would seriously say something that completely off the wall and ridiculous! (I mean, I know he did, obviously).... WOW! That is truly unacceptable.

What a dog....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN