Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

We Celebrated Our Cockatiel's 4th Birthday Today

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 10:15 PM
  • 16 Replies
1 mom liked this

chickhappy birthday

We always celebrate our Oriental Shorthair cat and our cockatiel's birthdays.

Today was our cockatiel Medley's 4th birthday.

We sang and whistled happy birthday to him which he liked a lot.

We played youtube videos of cockatiels whistling happy birthday for him and he really really loved that!

We gave him special treats of millet seed and even a little bit of vanilla icecream and a few nibbles of the vanilla part of cookies and cream fudge, which he loved so much he spent more time singing to it and celebrating it then he did eating it. Then he got so excited he flew like crazy all over the house like a little party boy. lol

He got a present of a big overstuffed nest we made him and we also put extra nesting stuffing here and there all over his cage so he could have fun searching for and foraging for it and sorting it as he loves to do.

Here's a pic of him today with his icecream and also of his nest present with stuffing and millet seed in it.

I also love this photo of him with his millet seed birthday cupcake from a previous birthday

Do you celebrate your pet's birthdays? If so what do you do for them?

(ps we dont know Medley's exact birthdate but we know it's close bc the store we bought him from told us he was 4mos old when we adopted him so we just went back 4 mos from the day we brought him home and saved that as his birthday, close enough. )

YVONNE

by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 10:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CoeyG
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 11:51 PM
2 moms liked this

Happy birthday Medley.  He does look happy.  

Yes I celebrate the day my girls came home.  I do pretty much the same thing, I get them "goodies" from the pet store up the road that carries, "cake" and "ice cream" for dogs as well as "cookies".  They get new collars and leashes and sometimes new dishes to eat out of.

snuggiewoogie
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 8:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Happy Birthday Birdie!!!

birthday sweetpea

CoolMommyofboys
by Platinum Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 9:19 AM

How fun!!

Although we do LOVE our dog, she is family...we don't celerate her birthday...Santa doesn't bring her anything either

mom2twins9909
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 11:13 AM
Aww. We don't have any animals :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kzuehlk
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 11:16 AM
We have 5 huskies. We just celebrate one big birthday since they were all rescues and we have no idea when they were actually born. We make doggie cupcakes, play fetch for an extra long time, and they get popcorn for a treat
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diaperstodating
by Angel on Aug. 23, 2012 at 11:35 AM

We have an orange tabby cat. We just give him salmon or tuna on his birthday instead of the regular dry cat food he normally eats.

earthangel1967
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 5:45 PM

Quoting CoeyG:

Happy birthday Medley.  He does look happy.  

Yes I celebrate the day my girls came home.  I do pretty much the same thing, I get them "goodies" from the pet store up the road that carries, "cake" and "ice cream" for dogs as well as "cookies".  They get new collars and leashes and sometimes new dishes to eat out of.

awwwwww giving heart

YVONNE

earthangel1967
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Quoting snuggiewoogie:

Happy Birthday Birdie!!!

birthday sweetpea

thank youhugs

YVONNE

earthangel1967
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 5:47 PM

Quoting CoolMommyofboys:

How fun!!

Although we do LOVE our dog, she is family...we don't celerate her birthday...Santa doesn't bring her anything either

Lol... yeah ours get "santa paws" presents and valentines and easter treats etc too oh and thanksgiving etc. haha

YVONNE

earthangel1967
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 5:48 PM

Quoting kzuehlk:

We have 5 huskies. We just celebrate one big birthday since they were all rescues and we have no idea when they were actually born. We make doggie cupcakes, play fetch for an extra long time, and they get popcorn for a treat

That's a great idea sounds like so much fun for them.

YVONNE

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)