Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

Venting

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 9:32 PM
  • 28 Replies

Ok, so a few of you are aware that I am doing what is called the C25K. Its an exercise program meant to make you go from being a couch (C) potato to being able to run a 5K in a matter of 9 weeks. You are supposed to go every other day. Today I was supposed to go.

I'm 28 yrs old and not allowed to go out.because its too dark...SERIOUSLY?!? I'm not taking the kids, its dark, and my middle guy, who I normally take, tends to go ahead alot of the time, and I didn't feel like yelling at him to slow down every 5 seconds. I don't want to take the dogs because unless I tie them to the stroller they cut in front of me and trip me, have to smell everything, ya know, typical dogs. This is a set time thing, job X amount of time walk X amount of time. Not condusive for dog walking. I live in a quiet neighborhood, everyone knows eachother, we have 0 crime by way of assault and all that, and all the street are pretty well lit, on top of the fact that I get to a lit parking lot and go in there since its smooth. UGH! Now my time line is all screwed up!

Here's the kicker, I'm not allowed to go out, because I'm a grown woman, but I'm supposed to let my 3 kids go out whenever they get on my parents nerves, because "they need to run" without supervision

by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 9:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HTMommy
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 9:32 PM

UGH!!!!! I'm fuming!

TammyBrooks
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 9:33 PM
bump

mhmomma
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Ugh!!! My mom is like that sometimes.  so who wont you out hubby or mom?

HTMommy
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Mom and stepdad....First mom was like don't go out in all black. I have black pants and a brightish purpley blue shirt. and its all LIT UP! Then they're like take someone...WHO?!?! Not taking kids, hubby doesn't exercise and will watch said children and you 2 are broken gimps....THEN I'm like, I'm a grown woman....my mom says "yea" and my stepdad says something about "thats how I'd wind up dead"

Quoting mhmomma:

Ugh!!! My mom is like that sometimes.  so who wont you out hubby or mom?

Charli627
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 10:02 PM
Just ignore them lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HTMommy
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 10:06 PM

ugh I wish! Hubby said I should have just walked out, except he doesn't realize that I would be the one living with the repercussions, not him. 

Quoting Charli627:

Just ignore them lol

LivinDeadGurl
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 4:34 PM

Wow...my parents weren't even like that with me when I was 10....lol.

LayahsMama
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 7:35 PM

talk about being over protective.

betsystipo
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Oh Crystal!  Blah!  That sucks, but really....breathe girl....it doesn't screw you up that much!  Did you sign up for the 5K?  I so wish I could have done it with ya - but my body was not happy!

MommyDearest555
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Psshh, I would rethink my living situation. The best thing about being an adult is to be able to do what you want. I would have definitely went! My husband tried to tell me not to ride my bike on some back roads by my house once during day light. That didn't stand well with me. I am an adult, I wanted to ride my bike for excerise and I will go if I want, because why...I am an adult and you are not my father. In this case it is your parent, but still that is where being an adult comes in!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN