Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

Do you or  your husband have life insurance? Did you get it when you got married?

by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 4:21 PM
Replies (11-20):
toomanypoodles
by on Sep. 1, 2012 at 6:03 AM

Yes, we both have it. 

kaitybird
by on Sep. 1, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Honestly, we really didn't get it until this year.  Granted when he was in the military he was covered with a good amount.  It is really a good thing to have because you do not know about the unknown.  WE have been very lucky.  We have small policies all over the place as banks offer so much up fron free.  We have had insurance on our 15 year old daughter since she was 3 and she will be able to use that for college and it will become hers when she turns 18.  We have been married 18 years now.  :)

Mbpeaceful12
by on Sep. 1, 2012 at 4:15 PM
Yes, we both have it. We agreed that when one of us die first to cremate. Funerals and burial costs are so expensive even with insurance. When my father passed in 2008, I had to cash in one of the policies I had since I was a child just to cover the grave site. My father had insurance, but we still needed an additional $700.
earthangel1967
by on Sep. 1, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Wherever my husband works he gets a life insurance policy on me that pretty much would just cover death funeral expenses etc. small plan.

Then for himself he always gets the highest coverage he can possibly qualify for to help ensure I'll be ok and taken care of if something happens to him God Forbid before me.

YVONNE

tangiblegrace
by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 2:04 AM
We have life insurance on both of us and on our daughter. We got insurance when we got pregnanant. Prior to that, it wasn't necessary. We both also have small policies through work.
MamaCatDFS
by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 3:11 AM
1 mom liked this

This reminds me of an old joke. "No, I don't have life insurance. When I die, I want it to be a sad day for everybody!"

campingmomof4
by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 9:30 AM

I have life insurance for both of us thru work.  It is much cheaper thru the work plan. 

Charli627
by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 5:20 PM
Dh does, i dont
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Necie72
by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 6:45 PM

I've had a policy since I was at home...  My parents paid it and now my mom pays it.  I also have a policy with my job.  I have a policy on my daughter, although they say kids don't need it because they don't have an income, but what happens when kids have accidents and die...  The parents still have to pay for a burial, which isn't cheap!

TheJerseyGirl
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 6:02 AM

We have TOO much life insurance. We got it when we married and we have added on quite a bit since we had the kids. I will never have to worry about money should something happen to DH and vice versa.

I will tell you why its important to me. My dad died when I was 3 and my sister was 1...my mom was only 24 and he 25. We would NEVER EVER have survived without the life insurance he had. My mom bought a house outright and was able to live off that and put some away for my sister and I. It SAVED us!

Life insurance is SO important! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)