Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

Do you or  your husband have life insurance? Did you get it when you got married?

by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 4:21 PM
Replies (21-27):
letstalk747
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 3:36 PM
no and no
MsB0521
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Yes; have had it for years. The younger you are, the cheaper it is. 

mom2twins9909
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 9:36 PM
Dh gets life insurance thru his work
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HTMommy
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 10:07 PM

He has it from a policy his parents started for him at Knights of Columbus and no I don't have one, and no we didn't get one when we got married.

outer.banks
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 8:14 AM

My husband is military so we have benefits for a lifetime.

patcassidy1
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 3:24 AM

Young growing families need life insurance cover more than they realize it. Look up term insurance quotes online, they're quite affordable when you're young and in good health. You can get up to a million dollars in coverage for as little as $50 a month. Don't rely on coverage through work because it doesn't follow you if you quit or get fired.  

Pat Cassidy
Disclaimer: I work for AccuQuote and this is my personal opinion.

jakesmom323
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 3:31 AM
My husband's parents had a $250,000 policy on him since he was 21. Does anyone think that's weird? My family isn't like that so I thought it was strange. Anyways, they forwarded the policy to us and we
transferred beneficiaries to me and my son. Now I have to add my second son...so thanks for reminding me. I need to get a small policy too....thinking like 100,000 or less to cover funeral expenses and child care. I dread going though:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)