Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

quotes

Posted by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 8:39 PM
  • 10 Replies

I made a post back in the Spring about this - our babysitter, who is more like a member of our family now, graduated from college in May.  I know what I want to get her, but her parents had put off having the graduation party til now (and I just found out its this coming Saturday!)  I want to have a short quote engraved on a bracelet for her.  The quote can be about being just a great person, encouragement, motivational...anything really in that sorta direction.  Anyone have any ideas?  I'm just not finding what I'm looking for.  I had onethat I loved and now I can't find it!  :(

by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 8:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EireLass
by Silver Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Look up quotes by Mother Teresa.

MommaTAF
by Gold Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 9:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Live. Laugh. Love.

There isn't a person anywhere who isn't capable of doing more than he thinks he can.

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says im possible

IAMmomtotrips
by Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 9:22 PM
Your own your own. You know what you know. And you are the person who'll decide where you'll go.

It takes courage to grow up and become who you truly are. ee Cummings

And my personal favorite...(I have it on a cuff bracelet)...
I often believe as many as six impossible things before breakfast...Alice in wonderland
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angie2568
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 9:24 PM

"Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.", "Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. Be the living expression of God's kindness: kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile.", "Reach high, for stars lie hidden in your soul. Dream deep, for every dream precedes the goal." - mother teresa

"Beginnings are usually scary and endings are usually sad, but it's everything in between that makes it all worth living." - sandra bullock in hope floats

"How far that little candle throws his beams! So shines a good deed in a weary world."  Shakespeare

(Grant me, O Lord, a steady hand and a watchful eye That no one shall be hurt as I pass by You gave life, I pray that no act of mine may take away or mar that gift of thine Shelter those, dear Lord, who bear my company from the evils of fire and all calamityT each me to use my car for others needs Nor miss through love of undue speed the beauty of the world; that thus I may with joy and courtesy go on my way St. Christopher, holy patron of travelers, protect me and lead me safely to my destination) (O Glorious St. Christopher you have inherited a beautiful name, Christbearer, as a result of the wonderful legend that while carrying people across a raging stream you also carried the Child Jesus. Teach us to be true Christbearers to those who do not know Him. Protect all of us that travel both near and far and petition Jesus to be with us always. Amen.) (Dear Saint Christopher, protect me today in all my travels along the road's way. Give your warning sign if danger is near so that I may stop while the path s clear. Be at my window and direct me through when the vision blurs From out of the blue. Carry me safely to my destined place, like you carried Christ in your close embrace.) - st of travelers - st christopher

“The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.”
Eleanor Roosevelt
There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle - Albert Einstein.

John 14:6

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

"A friend is one who strengthens you with prayers, blesses you with love and encourages you with hope."

" Faithful friends are beyond price: No amount can balance their worth
- Bible ( Old Testament ) Sirach 6:15

"A friend loveth at all times."
- Proverbs 17:17

R_R
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 9:30 PM
Vivere senza rimpianti (live without regrets)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
betsystipo
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 9:32 PM
I found this-
Do small things with great love
Mother Teresa.

I got the bracelet at things remembered. I was really limited to the length of the quote. I do love many of your ideas. Keep them coming. I'm not set on it yet! Thanks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tiffany.twisted
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 9:43 PM
I like this one!
I also like:
To thine own self be true- William Shakespeare 

Quoting betsystipo:

I found this-

Do small things with great love

Mother Teresa.

I got the bracelet at things remembered. I was really limited to the length of the quote. I do love many of your ideas. Keep them coming. I'm not set on it yet! Thanks

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Charizma77
by Carissa on Sep. 4, 2012 at 9:55 PM
I love Winnie the Pooh quotes, I always find one for every occasion. But, not sure if that would be right for what you are looking for.
Charli627
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 11:40 PM
I'm not good with quotes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
betsystipo
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 7:28 AM

Oh I do too - I'll have to look some up!

Quoting Charizma77:

I love Winnie the Pooh quotes, I always find one for every occasion. But, not sure if that would be right for what you are looking for.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)