Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

Ms. Fixit! (little long, story and questions)

Posted by   + Show Post

So I've always been a handy woman. I can put things together 9 times out of 10 without the directions, can take things apart and figure out whats wrong with them. Its a family trait I guess since we can all do it. So today, my vacuum was acting sucky (no pun intended lol) and the filter was packed. Cleaned it up and VOILA! Worked like new. 'Bout 5 minutes later I vacuum something that sounded like metal I didn't see, scared the bejeezus out of myself, before I could turn it off the sound stopped, thought it got into the containter. Ok cool, keep cleaning. New room, start smelling "WHAT is that god awful smell and why does the vacuum sound funny?!?" The motor was starting to go. So I think, HEY! I'll clean it up. I rip it all apart, clean everything I can get to, took an hour doing so, turn it back on...it now sounds like a lawn mower! WTH?!?!? SO I unplug said vacuum, take it outside and trow it at the fence next to the trash! Go upstairs fuming, tell my mom what happened, she wants to look at it too. take it all apart again, put it back together, turn it on and it sounds fine. SO I look at the vacuum and yell at it (because I yell at inanimate objects all the time) and say "That'll learn ya to stop working!" Cuz every once in a blue moon tossing things around really does work! LOL

So, that brings me to my point....when something stops working on you do you try and fixit yourself? Get someone else to take a look at it? Or just toss it and get another?

Are any of you Ms. Fixit's too?

by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 5:17 PM
Replies (31-34):
themomof3boys
by Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 7:39 AM

I'm the one who fixes things around here for the most part.  I once fixed a printer by beating it with my fist after my oldest son informed that probably wasn't the smartest thing to do, but the printer worked for another year after that.

kaitybird
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 4:44 PM

WE will try together....Like a lot of others we hate to throw anything out.  :)  I have to say though I have had my filter queen for 16 years now and still runs great!  :)

Gixxxie13
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 7:15 PM
I used to sit back and make my hubby fix everything even if I knew how. But since we split, and I moved in with my bf I've been the fixer. I work on our cars, fix the plumbing if it breaks, put the furniture together, etc...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HTMommy
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Thats awesome!

Quoting prbratgirl:

Im 31, my daughter is 10 and my son will be 3 in 11 days. Im Puerto Rican but i been in usa for 20 years. I have been married for 11 years. 4 years ago I made the best decision in my life, I was saved  by Jesus!!! Almost of my family serve the Lord. For a living I do medical transport.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)