Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

Do you believe that............

Posted by   + Show Post

when you get a cold or flu it's due to another person who you were around or something you touched that made you sick! Or do you think that when you get sick it's due to being out in the cold weather or maybe you got caught out in the rain or snow. Ya know how your mom would say put your hat or coat on cause you will get sick. Or don't go outside with wet hair after the shower. I remember when Jenna was little and it was a very windy day and my MIL was with me she was like hurry hurry get Jenna inside she will get sick from all this wind. lol.... I think when you get sick you get germs from something or someone you came in contact with. As far as the weather I don't know! What are your thoughts?

sickumbrellashrugging

by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 7:43 AM
Replies (11-19):
HTMommy
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 9:39 PM

well SCIENCE says you get infections from germs and viruses. BUT when there are drastic changes in the weather, your body is working to try and make you warm again and it can lower your ability to fight against something you pick up. BUT its not the weather that makes you sick. Its whatever germs, bacteria, or virus that you picked up that you weren't able to fight off due to whatever circumstances pertain to your situation

LivinDeadGurl
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Yep...it's the germs that make ya sick. Be it from someone else who is sick, something you touched, etc.

Charizma77
by Carissa on Sep. 11, 2012 at 10:55 PM
Germies or allergies for me
earthangel1967
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 11:04 PM

I dont believe its from the weather in general I personally feel thats an old wives tale.

I believ I was exposed to someone else or in public or that perhaps my immunity had been compromised due to stress or something like that

SciFi and Fantasy Art Girl Reading - Animated by Priscila S. Santa Rosa YVONNE

TheJerseyGirl
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 5:42 AM

I think both...I know allergies can turn to something fierce but for the most part , you get them from viruses going around

TheJerseyGirl
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 5:43 AM

Its funny you say that bc I just got done complaining in another group that my kids are all getting something!LOL

Mom2NandJ
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 7:50 AM
I believe it's from people too. But I grew up in Washington and my mom was always telling us kids to put socks on. To this day I always wear socks in the house and I live in Texas now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blueyedbaker
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 8:08 AM

You get a cold from germs wheather they are from something you touched or you get them from the air.

kaitybird
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 1:00 AM

If it is airborne you can catch it.  :)  I do not believe that the way I dress in the winter time leads to me getting sick.  I very seldom ever blow dry my hair and am notorious for going outside when it is dripping wet!  The only harm is it freezes.  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN