Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

Bisexuality

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 9:38 AM
  • 38 Replies

huggingin love

Today 9/23 is Celebrate Bisexuality Day.

Are you or someone you love bisexual?

If so, Happy Bisexuality Day!

SciFi and Fantasy Art Girl Reading - Animated by Priscila S. Santa Rosa YVONNE

by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 9:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
earthangel1967
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 9:47 AM
2 moms liked this

Our youngest son of 5 recently shared that he is bisexual. He said, he kind of doesn't like the label just bc he said, he doesn't fit with the regular stereotypes as in he explained... "I don't think Oh that girl is really hot or that guy is really hot. I just don't think of anyone as hot for some reason. I kind of think of everyone just as gender neutral people, all the same all equal and am open to a possible relationship with female or male if their personality and character fits with mine really well.That's all"

I think that a very loving, sweet attitude. We are all very supportive of him.

He's also a "furry" He loves foxes. We think that is sweet and cute too.

He's seems happier since becoming more open about all of this so I am very glad.

SciFi and Fantasy Art Girl Reading - Animated by Priscila S. Santa Rosa YVONNE

CoeyG
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 3:25 PM

Shannon is Bi

Kris_PBG
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 4:02 PM

Your son is super lucky - what a great, supportive mom he has!  :)

Quoting earthangel1967:

Our youngest son of 5 recently shared that he is bisexual. He said, he kind of doesn't like the label just bc he said, he doesn't fit with the regular stereotypes as in he explained... "I don't think Oh that girl is really hot or that guy is really hot. I just don't think of anyone as hot for some reason. I kind of think of everyone just as gender neutral people, all the same all equal and am open to a possible relationship with female or male if their personality and character fits with mine really well.That's all"

He's seems happier since becoming more open about all of this so I am very glad.

laylolilah
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 4:09 PM
1 mom liked this
What a lucky guy to have you as his mom. He is a breath of fresh, articulate, air compared to most of the kids I come into contact with. Way to go Mom :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hippie.Gypsy
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Yes I am... happy bi day to the rest of the world too :)

OP, your son has a great outlook on life/people!

notjstanothrmom
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 4:17 PM

I'm bi. I had no idea there was such a day for it though. Interesting. Not sure I get it.

CoeyG
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 8:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Kris_PBG:

Your son is super lucky - what a great, supportive mom he has!  :)

Quoting earthangel1967:

Your son thinks a lot like Shannon, she doesn't look at someone and think "male" or "female" that isn't how she connects with people.  She told me over a year ago.  My response was "okay,so what do you want for dinnre?" LOL.  I didn't raise Shannon to be "straight or gay", she knows how babies are created.   She knows that I had a relationship with a female friend many years ago but I identify as straight.  She knows her sexuallity has no effect on my love and support of her, however I did warn her not to tell her father LOL.  

By the way I love the photo!  

VintageWife
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 8:21 PM

I don't personally know anyone that is.

scarletlolita76
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 8:23 PM
Woot! Happy Bi Day to you too :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lindalou907
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 9:50 PM

That is so interesting! I personally don't know any bi people,but I'm so happy for your son that he has you for a mom.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN