Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Renters' Insurance

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:17 AM
  • 30 Replies

Do you rent your home? Are you required to have insurance? Would you have it if it wasn't required?

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CoeyG
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:10 PM

It isn't required but yes I do have it. 

Jemia
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:16 PM

Yes it is required.

1CrazyCajun
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:54 PM

I do rent. No, its not required. But I do have it. It covers all my contents in case of a fire, hurricane or tornado.

Mainstream Moms Attached Parenting not quite your style. Are you more laid back?Come join other like minded moms. No pi*sing matches here.

earthangel1967
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:26 PM

When we had a mortgage on our house we had house insurance (which costs a lot more than renters insurance) it was required but we would have had it anyway.

Now we live in an apt and we are required to have a minimum coverage policy on it of renters insurance which is VERY affordable, but we opted for the highest coverage renters insurance instead and it didnt even cost very much more than the minimum but covers a lot more. So yes we'd have it even if not required.

View Full Size Image YVONNE

amonkeymom
by Amy on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:30 PM

I do rent and while I'm not required to have renter's insurance I DO have it.  I have 2 children living here and need to protect them and our things.

HTMommy
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:34 PM

uhm...we don't rent we live with my parents...rent free, only bc we can't afford our bills if we paid rent. I take care of the house though and have dinner done by the time they are home from work. We have lived places it was required and had it and lived places it wasn't required but had it anyway. Only bc I have too much stuff to NOT have it insured kwim? If only I could sell 1/2 of it for what I paid for it or even a large amount of what I paid for it

Charli627
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:01 PM
No not required and cant afford it at this moment.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dingysfamily
by Suzi on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:27 AM

We own our home, but when I did rent I always had renters insuance.  It's well worth having, even if it's not rquired.  Some places will require it, others won't, but if you don't have it and there is a fire (or whatever) you will wish you did have .... unless the fire (or whatever) was completely covered by the owners & it won't be if you are the cause.  

1squishysmom
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:27 AM

We rent an apartment for our son that is going to school. I would NEVER rent without it. It's cheap and heaven forbid something should happen that was found to be your fault at the building. Water damage, fire, etc. We simply can't afford a major accident

CoolMommyofboys
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:56 PM

when we rented an apartment, we had it...I don't think it was required though

we had a rental house for a while - I don't think we required that they have it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)