Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Speaking of weird pets LOL

Posted by   + Show Post

What would you do about your neighbors indoor/MOSTLY outdoor pets that can be a nuisance and like you more than them?

Their 3 cats are mostly outdoor, the one cat is at our house more than theirs, not fixed and my cat has begun peeing everywhere by the fron windows where the cat lays outside. The other 2 kill all sorts of things and we find dead animals (birds, rodents etc) all over the place

Their dog lets himself out(flimsy broken screen door) ALL the time ALL hours of the day and night and constantly hear them screaming outside for the dog to get back in the house. If I'm outside, guess who he LOVES!

Granted I'm an animal person and BOY do they know it. I think I'm the only person that the cat likes....I walk out and he's waiting for me to pet him :-(

But its kinda annoying too, not that I don't love animals, but c'mon their your pets, why don't you love them? Why's it my job LOL

So what would you do in my situation?

AND I can't call animal control bc the owner is buddy buddy with them.

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:40 PM
Replies (21-27):
merryvoice
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:09 PM

I've figured out several on my own, but I'll definitely take you up on that!

Quoting HTMommy:

it stands for "know what I mean" heheh its ok there are alot of abbreviations that I've only ever seen used on this site. It takes some getting used to. Would you like a list of them? I can link you to a page with them listed if you like

Quoting merryvoice:

I'm sorry, I don't know what kwim means...but I understand what you're saying. I've run into that many, many times.

Quoting HTMommy:

Thats my problem I do too, but it bothers me that the owners don't pay attention to them more and actually take care of them like they should. kwim?

Quoting merryvoice:

Personally I would just deal with it but it's easy for me because I LOVE animals.

HTMommy
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:45 AM

I know. I was just using lamens terms lol

Quoting SEEKEROFSHELLS:

The reason the cat peed on the arm pits of the clothing.......Well it is TMI but I will tell you anyway. I love the smell of my SO's shirts. Particularly ABOVE the arm pit. He sweats, wears anti-perspirant but I am really attracted to this area of his body. He has worked out of town and mailed me back shirts that he has worn. I told you TMI......LOL  I later found out male Phenamone ( the smell given off to attract the opposite sex) is secreted in this area. Hey the nose KNOWS! So the cat was marking territory in the area of human phenamone. I kid you not. The is another area of the body that a male secretes . It is above the groin area. 

Quoting HTMommy:

yea he is....he was fixed LATE though....I know better late than never, but he's a big tom cat and kinda territorial. He's even peed on my husbands and step dads clothes (on the armpits no less) bc of the male smells. LOL Once he got used to them, and learned they were never going away, he finally stopped. But my mom got so mad at the couch smelling we threw it out (it was busted up anyway from age and use) but he hasn't been in the living room much since we got rid of it all. Doesn't help that he doesn't fit in front of the window anymore with the new furniture anyway LOL

Quoting SEEKEROFSHELLS:

Your cat is peeing by the window. Is your cat fixed? That may help. What a mess you have on your hands! Hugs to you!

HTMommy
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:47 AM

Here you go! There are a bunch of other cool tips on there. The abbreviations start in the 1st or 2nd reply

Quoting merryvoice:

Quoting HTMommy:

it stands for "know what I mean" heheh its ok there are alot of abbreviations that I've only ever seen used on this site. It takes some getting used to. Would you like a list of them? I can link you to a page with them listed if you like

Quoting merryvoice:

I'm sorry, I don't know what kwim means...but I understand what you're saying. I've run into that many, many times.

Quoting HTMommy:

Thats my problem I do too, but it bothers me that the owners don't pay attention to them more and actually take care of them like they should. kwim?

Quoting merryvoice:

Personally I would just deal with it but it's easy for me because I LOVE animals.

suetoo
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:58 AM
Take pictures, note times and dates and duration. Try a hose for the cats, they hate water. Otherwise, move. Or call animal control after you:
A. Spoke politely to them telling them just what you said to us
B. Spoke to owner
C. Offered a compromise, like help them fix their door, suggested a cat curfew, (our cat is called in for dinner, and not let out again till after breakfast, he has a locking cat flap),
D. Remind all of leash law
E. Admit you would hate to feud with neighbors or have to call animal control, (with documented evidence in hand)
And remember that cats hunt because it is their nature, and there are certain things out of your control you simply learn to live with.
HTMommy
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:00 AM

thanks

Quoting suetoo:

Take pictures, note times and dates and duration. Try a hose for the cats, they hate water. Otherwise, move. Or call animal control after you:
A. Spoke politely to them telling them just what you said to us
B. Spoke to owner
C. Offered a compromise, like help them fix their door, suggested a cat curfew, (our cat is called in for dinner, and not let out again till after breakfast, he has a locking cat flap),
D. Remind all of leash law
E. Admit you would hate to feud with neighbors or have to call animal control, (with documented evidence in hand)
And remember that cats hunt because it is their nature, and there are certain things out of your control you simply learn to live with.

merryvoice
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Thank you! That is incredibly helpful. 

Quoting HTMommy:

Here you go! There are a bunch of other cool tips on there. The abbreviations start in the 1st or 2nd reply

Quoting merryvoice:

Quoting HTMommy:

Quoting merryvoice:

Quoting HTMommy:

Quoting merryvoice:

HTMommy
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:56 PM

no problem! I remember when I started I was SOOO confused!

Quoting merryvoice:

Thank you! That is incredibly helpful. 

Quoting HTMommy:

Quoting merryvoice:

Quoting HTMommy:

Quoting merryvoice:

Quoting HTMommy:

Quoting merryvoice:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)