Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

Have you turned on the heat?

A "cold front" came through last night. It is 73 in my house (the a/c is off). I'm cold - I like it to be about 77. Ugh!! I don't want to turn my heat in yet - I hate the smell (that first time it's turned on) and ugh the bill - hate that more

Have you had to turn on the heat? How cold is it outside?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 4:14 PM
Replies (31-40):
NHGal
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Just this morning.  It is 51 out and that is the high for today.  It was 59 in the house and decided it was too cold, so I switched the heat on to 64.  I will probably turn the heat off tomorrow since it will be in the 60s, but I had to get the chill out of the air this morning since we slept with the windows open.

chryssiekins
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:42 AM
it was 30 here the past two days so yup, turned the heat on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CheesyKitty
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:43 AM
We just start a fire. Keeps the house toasty for free
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
courtseanryan
by New Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:48 PM

No i still had the air on the other day. Today its cold out but so far not bad in the house.

NEISA50
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:20 PM

I Am lucky that i don't pay for heat it is in my rent, but i have not turned on the heat yet i like the chilly weather so i still have the AC on or the fan and i sleep with both on.

Lindalou907
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:23 PM

No,it's finally cooling off a little though!

earthangel1967
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Here in Michigan where I live, it's in the 50s range in the daytime outside and in the 30s to 40s range in the night.

We havent had to turn the heat on yet bc for whatever reason I cant explain my apt tends to run on the warm/hot side just all by itself even in cool weather. Even in winter our heat hardly ever needs to come on lol

As a matter of fact sometimes it STILL gets TOO warm in here and we turn on the a/c for awhile and still have a fan running most of the time.
To be fair, Todd and I both get overheated frequently though too (hormones or whatever I dont know)

View Full Size Image YVONNE

Aqua_Jen
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:35 PM
I haven't but my husband has! He's afraid his beer will get too cold and won't ferment properly if he leaves it off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sakpoints
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:55 PM

Yes, and I am really NOT happy about it.  Thursday we had highs in the low 80s and Friday the heat was turned on because the high was around 51.  Currently it is 52 outside.

frustrated

pampire
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Put on a sweater.  I'm hoping we can get thru moving day without turning on the heat.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)