Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

Have you turned on the heat?

A "cold front" came through last night. It is 73 in my house (the a/c is off). I'm cold - I like it to be about 77. Ugh!! I don't want to turn my heat in yet - I hate the smell (that first time it's turned on) and ugh the bill - hate that more

Have you had to turn on the heat? How cold is it outside?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 4:14 PM
Replies (41-50):
tsweetkissest
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:54 PM

yes its in the low 50s today

kaitybird
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:25 PM

Wow that is 2 degrees cooler than we usually keep it with the air on...:)  it has been getting cold out and the house will be about 63 in the mornings when we get up.  We have space heaters at the moment.  We haven't turned on the main heater yet.  Won't do that until we have too.  So for now dd has a space heater in her room and we have one in ours.  The rest of the house has to suffer! ;)

Redwall
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Absolutely!  It was 40 this morning!  The heat is set to 72 during the day and goes a bit down during the night. We have a propane fireplace and my husband continues to tell me to turn it on whenever I'm cold and to turn up the heat if I want.  Lots of days I turn it up to 75, and then turn it back own....mornings are just so chilly.

mightymo
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:59 PM

can't wait to turn on the heat which we rarely do anyway ,i'm in northeast florida so it does get a little chilly but i love it

HTMommy
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:27 PM

no, but I am getting my little space heater for my own room bc my mom won't turn the heat on until SHE gets cold...which won't be until its like 50 degrees out regularly

LadyBast
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:34 PM

NOT still 90's in FL :)

Charizma77
by Carissa on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:35 PM
Not yet
Mbpeaceful12
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:19 PM
No. Here in Los Angeles, we had just gotten over a heat spell with temps in the upper 90's and humidity 60 percent and over. I had to wash my dreadlocs twice a day from the sweat. Today it was in the 70's and it was beautiful! Finally fall weather (for now, next week it may be in the 90's again).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilJen94
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:39 AM
Yeah we used it once or twice.
JudyAnnMomof4
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Yes,it got chilly about Friday...we have had a freeze.But my heat is set to 72*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)