Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

neighbors mailbox shoved in my yard breaking my chain link fence!

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 8:39 AM
  • 23 Replies
Idk what to do! I have a chain link fence and my neighbors have shoved their mail box in-between the chain link part and the bar its attached to so the post to their mailbox is seperating my fence from the bar that holds the fence! And its in my yard! When I moved in I thought it was my mailbox but nope I had to put in a mailbox! I do own my home and I am not on speaking terms with my neighbors seeing as their teenager molested my child! But that's a whole other post! They also put one of their trash cans in front of my house! One in front of theirs and the broken one with no lid and they don't use trash bags so trash blows all over my yard! Today I finally moved the trash can to their property and I parked my car in front of my house where they put the can. Am I allowed to move their mailbox legally? Its breaking my fence they pulled my fence apart to stick it on my property! ! I don't want to get in trouble but it needs to go! They also throw meat bones and trash into my yard and my dog gets it I had to take her to the vet once BC she was sick BC of what she ate! They also park their cars in front of my house all the time, and their driveway and in front of their house will be empty! I only can fit one car in my drive way they can fit 4 in their driveway and two in front of their house but they don't park in either they park in front of my house, which is a sidewalk you aren't supposed to park in front of my house but they do! Its like they park, put their trash and have their mailbox in front of my house BC they don't want to see it in front of theirs and they don't want trash blowing in their yard! Also I'm disabled I walk with a walker and I'm a single mom of two and my six year old has aspergers and adhd so I have enough on my plate and I have no one to help pick up the trash when it blows here! What can I do without getting in trouble? I live in Houston county Georgia
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 8:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CoeyG
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 11:08 AM
2 moms liked this

Call the city or county and have them deal with it.  If the mailbox is on your property then it is your mailbox.   And their mail should not be delivered to it.  

offrdngal
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 11:18 AM
2 moms liked this

Check with the city and find out where your property line is.  Make sure that your fence is actually within your property line.  Once you've got proof of this, the city can take action and make them move their mailbox on to their own property.

HTMommy
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 11:24 AM

You may have to call the police to intervene as well. Your property is your property. As well as if you have proof they are throwing their trash on your yard and such, not just the wind but you can put up security cameras to catch it. Take the footage to whoever is in charge of littering. You may need to take them to small claims court for the vet bills and just to get things in order. But it could backfire and make life worse. Have you tried talking to them? I know you said you won't talk to them bc of the molestation which is horrible, was anything ever formally done in that case?

snuggiewoogie
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 1:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Hope it all gets worked out!

Michellina11234
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 6:53 AM
1 mom liked this

call the city and see what they say...good luck sounds like you have the neighbors from hell

hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 7:15 AM
I probably would think about selling my house.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jewel80
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 8:47 AM
There was a formal report made with child services but BC the one who did it is 14 they said she is under the age of consent and a child herself so nothing but a report could be done!

Quoting HTMommy:

You may have to call the police to intervene as well. Your property is your property. As well as if you have proof they are throwing their trash on your yard and such, not just the wind but you can put up security cameras to catch it. Take the footage to whoever is in charge of littering. You may need to take them to small claims court for the vet bills and just to get things in order. But it could backfire and make life worse. Have you tried talking to them? I know you said you won't talk to them bc of the molestation which is horrible, was anything ever formally done in that case?

jewel80
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 8:49 AM
Will the city show my property line for free or do I need to pay them?

Quoting offrdngal:

Check with the city and find out where your property line is.  Make sure that your fence is actually within your property line.  Once you've got proof of this, the city can take action and make them move their mailbox on to their own property.

jewel80
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 8:57 AM
Unfortunately that's not an option :( my income is 280$ a month I'm disabled and my 6 yr old is also I have to home school him through Georgia cyber academy his doc and psychiatrist both say he can't be in a physical school, bad bad experience with physical school I'm applying for disability for him. My house wouldn't sell for much and I would only have what I sold it for to move with! I wish I could move though!

Quoting hopealways4019:

I probably would think about selling my house.

LoveMyLos
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 9:01 AM
Id move the mailbox. Its on your property, u can touch it. I aould also call and have the cars towed that were in front of my house.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)