Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

Your Tolerance For Others?

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:14 PM
  • 22 Replies

group hugToday November 16th is International Day of Tolerance.

Are there certain kinds or groups of people you find yourself struggling to be tolerant with? Why?

Are there those you have felt intolerant of in your past, but have grown to be tolerant of now?

What about yourself do you hope or wish others to be tolerant of?

View Full Size Image YVONNE

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
snuggiewoogie
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:29 PM

I have to think about this one..... lol....

offrdngal
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:48 PM
2 moms liked this

I am not tolerant of stupid people or people who like to act stupid.

CoeyG
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:42 PM
5 moms liked this

I find myself being intolerant of those who think by virtue of their high financial status that they are better than others.   I have no tolerance for those who beilieve their skin color makes them a more worthy person than someone with another color of skin.  I am intolerant of those who are under the impression that their faith is the only true faith and that anyone who worships otherwise is evil or is again not worhy of being trreated with decency.  I am intolerant of those who look at someone with a disability and think of them as less than human.  I am intolerant of those who would treat the other species on this planet as colateral and that they are not worhy of life as Nature inteded rather than as humanity intedned.

dbush0584
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:44 PM

Mine is growing thinner which each passing minute today

There are people that I find myself getting very aggitated with and for MANY reasons.

Bleacheddecay
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:26 PM

I find people who act out in public are difficult for me to be tolerant of.

Also end of the world types of people are difficult for me to be tolerant of.

By which I mean, go somewhere else, out of my face to spread your crap and then I'll be tolerant because I won't have to deal with you. LOL

I prefer to be positive in my life.

snuggiewoogie
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I can't tolerate anyone who is abusive to people or animals that really just makes steam come outta my head!

angry

Charli627
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:25 PM
1 mom liked this

lol

Quoting offrdngal:

I am not tolerant of stupid people or people who like to act stupid.

earthangel1967
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Jackie and Colleen,

I agree with both of you and feel that way too.

earthangel1967
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:25 PM

I use to be intolerant of people who committ crimes especially serious or violent crimes and although those kinds of things still naturally deeply disturb me and often make me literally cry if I see them on the news, I try not to be judgmental of them anymore bc I realized I have no idea WHY they are like that (not that it ever makes it ok) but still I realized they could have serious mental illnesses or have had horrible upbringings or who knows what... like I said it doesnt excuse it but it makes me feel less judgemental and often instead of feeling furious and hateful over a lot of it like I use to, now I feel just deeply profoundly saddened.

Hippie.Gypsy
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:29 PM

Um... I basically have 0 tolerance for whiners, pity-party people, and snobs. If you're gonna act like a baby having a temper tantrum, I'm gonna treat you like one. If you're gonna act like you're the center of the universe, I am not talking to you and if you continue to try and talk to me, I'm gonna tell ya what an ass you're being.

I have tolerance for children (a lot for my own DS, limited for other children), and my mother (she's put up with me for a very long time, I owe her some patience and tolerance).

Oh, and people who abuse animals, children, or anything... absolutely 0 tolerance. I don't even pretend to be nice or try to control my outbursts of vulgar language towards them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)