Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

Today November 17th is National Adoption Day.

Where you adopted or any of your kids or other loved ones?

http://www.childwelfare.gov/adoption/nam/

View Full Size Image YVONNE

by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:42 AM
Replies (21-26):
suetoo
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this

I think allowing your child to be adopted is the most heartwrenchingly wonderful, loving thing a mother can do for her child.

LoriAnn87
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:00 AM

No i'm not adopted but have friends who have adopted kids.

earthangel1967
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Quoting Had3girls:

I gave my middle daughter up for adoption ... she even looks like her adopted mom =) it is exactly the way God planned it <3 my adoption situation is amazing and I am super close with her and her adopted mom <3 its an amazing situation adoption is an amazing thing <3 =)

That really touches my heart and hits close to home for me. Even though I haven't adopted or placed a child for adoption, When my husband and I met I had full custody of my 4 biological kids and he had full custody of his one biological daughter and we both very easily and quickly and just so naturally fell madly in love with all 5 kids and felt truly as they were "OUR" kids and that God always knew even before those kids were born that someday Todd and I would be their parents and the 7 of us would be a family. We raised them as OURS... one thing your post reminded me of that always made our kids feel very happy was

1. In school their classmates often thought that our 3 girls (2 biologically mine and 1 biologically todds ) were blood sisters, They loved that.

2. Also we thought it was a meaningful amazing sign from God that All 3 girls and me all have a birthmark in the same exact spot! so cool!

Had3girls
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:43 PM
1 mom liked this
That touched my heart ... gave me goose bumps head to toe =) god bless u and ur entire family <3

Quoting earthangel1967:

Quoting Had3girls:

I gave my middle daughter up for adoption ... she even looks like her adopted mom =) it is exactly the way God planned it <3 my adoption situation is amazing and I am super close with her and her adopted mom <3 its an amazing situation adoption is an amazing thing <3 =)

That really touches my heart and hits close to home for me. Even though I haven't adopted or placed a child for adoption, When my husband and I met I had full custody of my 4 biological kids and he had full custody of his one biological daughter and we both very easily and quickly and just so naturally fell madly in love with all 5 kids and felt truly as they were "OUR" kids and that God always knew even before those kids were born that someday Todd and I would be their parents and the 7 of us would be a family. We raised them as OURS... one thing your post reminded me of that always made our kids feel very happy was

1. In school their classmates often thought that our 3 girls (2 biologically mine and 1 biologically todds ) were blood sisters, They loved that.

2. Also we thought it was a meaningful amazing sign from God that All 3 girls and me all have a birthmark in the same exact spot! so cool!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
earthangel1967
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Quoting Had3girls:

That touched my heart ... gave me goose bumps head to toe =) god bless u and ur entire family <3

Quoting earthangel1967:

Quoting Had3girls:

thank you and bless you and yours too!

SRUsarahSC
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:57 PM
1 mom liked this

my cousin adopted both of her children...she is eternally grateful to the mothers who were unable to care for them and chose her and her husband to raise them.  It the hardest but best gift you can give.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN