Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

I'm ready to decorate for Christmas!!

Posted by   + Show Post
Who else is with me?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:34 AM
Replies (11-20):
TheJerseyGirl
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:51 PM
Are you a Christmas baby ?!?!?

Quoting earthangel1967:

Not me not yet... I crazy love all the holidays but I like to totally focus on one at a time, I love to start thinking all christmassy the day after thanksgiving which is when I use to put my tree up and leave it up until new years day.

When we had to sell our big family house we raised the kids in this past year and downsize extremely, we donated all of our christmas decorations, large xmas treee everything to charity bc I have no room to store stuff like that in a 495 sq ft apt lol 

So we are probably going to go out on black friday and buy a small (easy to store) little tabletop xmas tree and that will be our only christmas decoration in our apt unless you want to count the Peppermint Twist christmas handsoap I got from Bath and Bodyworks. lol

Other than that we will still have our large family celebration and feast and game playing and my birthday party like we always do but we're doing it at one of our young adult kids houses bc there is more room

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
faeryfrog
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:52 PM
We decorated on Friday!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
earthangel1967
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

Quoting earthangel1967:

Not me not yet... I crazy love all the holidays but I like to totally focus on one at a time, I love to start thinking all christmassy the day after thanksgiving which is when I use to put my tree up and leave it up until new years day.

When we had to sell our big family house we raised the kids in this past year and downsize extremely, we donated all of our christmas decorations, large xmas treee everything to charity bc I have no room to store stuff like that in a 495 sq ft apt lol 

So we are probably going to go out on black friday and buy a small (easy to store) little tabletop xmas tree and that will be our only christmas decoration in our apt unless you want to count the Peppermint Twist christmas handsoap I got from Bath and Bodyworks. lol

Other than that we will still have our large family celebration and feast and game playing and my birthday party like we always do but we're doing it at one of our young adult kids houses bc there is more room

wreathhappy birthday Yes, Dec 25th I will turn 45. : ) No I never felt cheated my parents always gave me a birthday party and separate birthday gifts. (people ask me that all the time. : )

I have well over 100 cousins and they would often complain and get jealous (I dont blame them: ( .... bc my grandpa made such a HUGE big deal out of me being born on Christmas, the way he talked you would have thought I was the next best thing to baby jesus himself. HAHAHAHA  I miss my grandpa. : )

View Full Size Image YVONNE

mhmomma
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:47 PM
Michele. I knew you would be ready. Hehe I am not. Maybe in a few weeks. I have new furniture and rug coming for my living room. I want to enjoy it before breaking out the Christmas decorations.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LivinDeadGurl
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Nah...I can wait.

raczac
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Decorateing now about to put ip the outside stuff. Almost finished inside.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dingysfamily
by Suzi on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:53 PM

I don't decorate until after Thanksgiving .. I like to enjoy that holiday for itself.  The Christmas decorations will come up from the basement the Saturday after ... and start going up that weekend.  Dh & dd will put the tree up either Sat. or Sunday & I'll put the decorations on it probaby Monday or Tuesday and then do the rest of the house Wed & Thurs.  We no longer do the outside; although I do wish I could get dh to put the outside lights up.  But he puts in so much overtime this time of year he just is to tired by the time he gets home & on the weekends he is busy with other stuff.  He said maybe when he retires he'll start doing it again.

suetoo
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:28 AM

ME!

TheJerseyGirl
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Awww...I bet you do miss him...that is so special. I love that they all made a bigger deal of your birthday since Im sure all the excitement of Christmas might make the cousins a little present crazy...lol. And how awesome is it that you were born on Christmas?!?!?!?! I'll be 45 on my next birthday too!

Quoting earthangel1967:

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

Quoting earthangel1967:

wreathhappy birthday Yes, Dec 25th I will turn 45. : ) No I never felt cheated my parents always gave me a birthday party and separate birthday gifts. (people ask me that all the time. : )

I have well over 100 cousins and they would often complain and get jealous (I dont blame them: ( .... bc my grandpa made such a HUGE big deal out of me being born on Christmas, the way he talked you would have thought I was the next best thing to baby jesus himself. HAHAHAHA  I miss my grandpa. : )

Myspace Comments

TheJerseyGirl
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:04 PM

Well, if I had new furniture coming I'd be the same way...but I don't...sigh.....so all I have are decorations to look forward to

Quoting mhmomma:

Michele. I knew you would be ready. Hehe I am not. Maybe in a few weeks. I have new furniture and rug coming for my living room. I want to enjoy it before breaking out the Christmas decorations.

Myspace Comments

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN