Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

I'm ready to decorate for Christmas!!

Posted by   + Show Post
Who else is with me?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:34 AM
Replies (21-30):
mightymo
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this

im ready for some glitter and lights , i never do it this early ,but things have been so crappy i need some brightness

mhmomma
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:34 PM
I only have new furniture coming because my 12 year old ikea couch cushions died. We are getting a pertty leather set from Costco.

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

Awww...I bet you do miss him...that is so special. I love that they all made a bigger deal of your birthday since Im sure all the excitement of Christmas might make the cousins a little present crazy...lol. And how awesome is it that you were born on Christmas?!?!?!?! I'll be 45 on my next birthday too!

Quoting earthangel1967:

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

Are you a Christmas baby ?!?!?

Quoting earthangel1967:

Not me not yet... I crazy love all the holidays but I like to totally focus on one at a time, I love to start thinking all christmassy the day after thanksgiving which is when I use to put my tree up and leave it up until new years day.

When we had to sell our big family house we raised the kids in this past year and downsize extremely, we donated all of our christmas decorations, large xmas treee everything to charity bc I have no room to store stuff like that in a 495 sq ft apt lol 

So we are probably going to go out on black friday and buy a small (easy to store) little tabletop xmas tree and that will be our only christmas decoration in our apt unless you want to count the Peppermint Twist christmas handsoap I got from Bath and Bodyworks. lol

Other than that we will still have our large family celebration and feast and game playing and my birthday party like we always do but we're doing it at one of our young adult kids houses bc there is more room

wreathhappy birthday Yes, Dec 25th I will turn 45. : ) No I never felt cheated my parents always gave me a birthday party and separate birthday gifts. (people ask me that all the time. : )

I have well over 100 cousins and they would often complain and get jealous (I dont blame them: ( .... bc my grandpa made such a HUGE big deal out of me being born on Christmas, the way he talked you would have thought I was the next best thing to baby jesus himself. HAHAHAHA  I miss my grandpa. : )

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tinysmom160
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:12 PM

no not yet

Charizma77
by Carissa on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Not ready yet!

earthangel1967
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

Awww...I bet you do miss him...that is so special. I love that they all made a bigger deal of your birthday since Im sure all the excitement of Christmas might make the cousins a little present crazy...lol. And how awesome is it that you were born on Christmas?!?!?!?! I'll be 45 on my next birthday too!

Quoting earthangel1967:

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

Quoting earthangel1967:

Not me not yet... I crazy love all the holidays but I like to totally focus on one at a time, I love to start thinking all christmassy the day after thanksgiving which is when I use to put my tree up and leave it up until new years day.

When we had to sell our big family house we raised the kids in this past year and downsize extremely, we donated all of our christmas decorations, large xmas treee everything to charity bc I have no room to store stuff like that in a 495 sq ft apt lol 

So we are probably going to go out on black friday and buy a small (easy to store) little tabletop xmas tree and that will be our only christmas decoration in our apt unless you want to count the Peppermint Twist christmas handsoap I got from Bath and Bodyworks. lol

Other than that we will still have our large family celebration and feast and game playing and my birthday party like we always do but we're doing it at one of our young adult kids houses bc there is more room

wreathhappy birthday Yes, Dec 25th I will turn 45. : ) No I never felt cheated my parents always gave me a birthday party and separate birthday gifts. (people ask me that all the time. : )

I have well over 100 cousins and they would often complain and get jealous (I dont blame them: ( .... bc my grandpa made such a HUGE big deal out of me being born on Christmas, the way he talked you would have thought I was the next best thing to baby jesus himself. HAHAHAHA  I miss my grandpa. : )

Thank you. My mom was 19 when she had me and she said she started going into labor pains in the morning so her and my dad RUSHED to their family's houses and delivered the presents as fast as they could and then rushed her to the hospital to have me (poor mom almost died having me too bc she hemoraged badly and went into shock ).

I swear my 40s have been my very very favorite age I have EVER been so far, I wonder if it gets even better in my 50s. I hope yours are great for you too. : )

View Full Size Image YVONNE

CoolMommyofboys
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:13 PM
Me!!

Disney is decorated for Christmas - making me ready. I'm going to decorate (or start at least) the day after we return
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheJerseyGirl
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:17 PM
Omg Yvonne! Don't make us 50 too quickly!! Lol

Quoting earthangel1967:

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

Quoting earthangel1967:

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

Quoting earthangel1967:

Thank you. My mom was 19 when she had me and she said she started going into labor pains in the morning so her and my dad RUSHED to their family's houses and delivered the presents as fast as they could and then rushed her to the hospital to have me (poor mom almost died having me too bc she hemoraged badly and went into shock ).

I swear my 40s have been my very very favorite age I have EVER been so far, I wonder if it gets even better in my 50s. I hope yours are great for you too. : )

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
earthangel1967
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

Omg Yvonne! Don't make us 50 too quickly!! Lol

Quoting earthangel1967:

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

Quoting earthangel1967:

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

Quoting earthangel1967:

Oh no no, not my intention lol don't get me wrong, I am enjoying just one year at a time, one day at a time. : )

View Full Size Image YVONNE

aneela
by Neely on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:00 PM

go for it

rosebud727
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:01 PM

Another few weeks for me. I'm looking at getting some new decorations though. Time to update stuff.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN