Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

No Potty?

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:29 PM
  • 10 Replies

embarrassedToday November 19th is World Toilet Day.

(meant to raise global awareness about the struggle 2.6 billion face without access to proper, clean sanitation - http://worldtoilet.org/wto/ )

I think it's easier on guys when they don't have access to a toilet in most cases, but a lot harder for us women/girls..... Have you ever been in an uncomfortable or awkward situation when you didn't have access to a toilet when you needed to go? What did you do?

Have you ever had to go in the woods?

View Full Size Image YVONNE

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
earthangel1967
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:35 PM

1. When I was a kid my dad use to take us out to his hunting camp on 80 acres of woods, he had outhouses but I'm afraid of them bc I am always scared there is going to be a spider in there, so even though it was very uncomfortable squatting, I preferred to go out in the woods to that. lol

2. One time we were moving and our uhaul truck broke down entirely on side of busy road, no businesses or places that might have a toilet nearby, no woods to go off and pee in, & tow truck was said to be estimated at 45min to 1 hour wait to get us, I had to pee sooooo bad, luckily I had a large empty fast food pop cup with lid, went into the back of the uhaul and had husband shut the door and peed in the cup and then dumped it on the grass ewww very awkward.

3. For 2 yrs after my divorce I had no child support during that time (until after 2 yrs) and I worked but with 4 kids I was still very poor, we often had our utilities shut off including water, we had a toilet but whenever we didnt have water, we would go in the toilet but had to rely on the kindness of a neighbor to fill a bucket with their hose water and flush it that way. ugh.

Charli627
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:57 PM

I have gone on the side of the rode

Charli627
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:58 PM

and i use to work around truck drivers and they would pee in water bottles, once i found a ziplock bag full of pee on our lot

CoeyG
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:29 PM

I don't think it is that hard on females.   I taught myself to pee standing up.  It isn't that difficult.  I just never could master writing my name in the snow as one of my female friends could do

Charizma77
by Carissa on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:43 PM

I've gone in the woods before and survived...lol

VintageWife
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:04 PM

I was in the military. I've went in the woods.

snuggiewoogie
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:36 AM

Yeah I would rather go in the woods than in a Port A Potty........ They are all pretty gross. ICK!

earthangel1967
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:40 PM

Quoting CoeyG:

I don't think it is that hard on females.   I taught myself to pee standing up.  It isn't that difficult.  I just never could master writing my name in the snow as one of my female friends could do

I guess everyone is different lol but for ME it IS hard to go. I could never go standing up and as a matter of fact even if I have to go super super bad it is stll hard for me to go even like squatting in the woods bc I cant relax that way.

Which reminds me of my parents thought it was funny when i was a kid, how I shared I was afraid of the outhouse for fear of spiders being in there so preferred going in the woods? For the first few years we were going on there I just couldnt relax enough squatting to go so I'd cry bc I had to go so bad but was afraid of the outhouse so my dad would take the toilet seat OUT of the outhouse and set it up over 2 fallen logs laying in the woods and I would sit on the toilet seat in the middle of the forest to pee HAHAHA

TheJerseyGirl
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:22 PM
Gone in the woods but am grateful for my house potty lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
earthangel1967
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

Gone in the woods but am grateful for my house potty lol

Me too, It really is a luxury that most of us take for granted most days.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN