Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

Salvation Army worker spit on

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:08 AM
  • 11 Replies
Set Text Size Small Set Text Size Medium Set Text Size Large Set Text Size X-Large

Published: 11/18 11:34 am
Updated: 11/19 9:12 am

Victor, N.Y. - Around 3pm Saturday afternoon police got a call from Eastview Mall security that a man was harassing a Salvation Army bell ringer and spat on her outside of the Sears department store.

When police arrived they found Bruce James Littlejohn.

The deputy who responded tells 13WHAM News that Littlejohn appeared to be very intoxicated.

Officers say he had an almost empty sports bottle with alcohol inside. They say he was very loud and uncooperative.

According to the victim, Littlejohn approached her and started to shake her kettle.

The victim repeatedly asked him to stop, that's when Littlejohn spat on her jacket.

The victim then went inside to get help.

It was a random act that got quite a reaction from shoppers.

"That's really rude, said Desire Napoleon. "Whenever I walk by, I always put money in."

"I think that was extremely inappropriate and totally uncalled for," Todd Dappen said.

"I think that's horrible. Why would anybody spit on a Salvation Army worker? I mean they're the ones working for the greater good to help those less fortunate," Dennis Christiano said.

The Salvation Army said the incident took them by surprise.

"That is a very, very, very rare incident, Salvation Army Captain Marci Orr said. "In fact I've been an officer for ten years and have never heard of anything like that happening before."

The Salvation Army doesn't want this one rare incident to stop people from volunteering.

They say safety isn't an issue.

Littlejohn was arrested and charged with harassment in the 2nd degree as well as disorderly conduct, according to the police.

Police say Littlejohn was also charged with resisting arrest after he physically refused to cooperate with police.

Littlejohn was arraigned in Victor Town Court. He will reappear in court at the end of November.

by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bhow
by Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:00 AM

Good thing I wasn't in the immediate area because I probably  would have grabbed the SOB and gave him a "what for?"!!  And then of course I'd be the bad guy but, NO ONE would ever get away with that crap in my presence.  I have taught my kids self defense and am not afraid to use it.

LivinDeadGurl
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:31 AM

*shakes head*

CutieCrab
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:35 AM
Smh. Sad.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
snuggiewoogie
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Pretty Uncool.....

TheJerseyGirl
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:22 PM
What a pig... How ignorant some can be
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CoeyG
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

What a pig... How ignorant some can be

Exactly what I was thinking

Charizma77
by Carissa on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Oh my!

HTMommy
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:14 PM
1 mom liked this

idiot...I feel bad for the worker...being spit on is beyond degrading and then for it to be from a drunken moron...who knows how that smelt

VintageWife
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:32 PM

That's just crazy!

Charli627
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:46 PM
Wow...sad
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)