Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

Car Accidents?

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:43 PM
  • 22 Replies

drivingscreamingToday November 20th is

World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims

Road traffic crashes kill nearly 1.3 million people every year and injure or disable as many as 50 million more. They are the leading cause of death among young people aged 15–29 years.

In October 2005, the United Nations General Assembly adopted a resolution which calls for governments to mark the third Sunday in November each year as World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims. The day was created as a means to give recognition to victims of road traffic crashes and the plight of their relatives who must cope with the emotional and practical consequences of these tragic events.

WHO and the UN Road Safety Collaboration encourage governments and nongovernmental organizations around the world to commemorate this day as a means of drawing the public’s attention to road traffic crashes, their consequences and costs, and the measures which can be taken to prevent them

taken from: http://www.who.int/mediacentre/events/annual/road_victims/en/index.html

Have you ever been in a traffic accident?

Have you ever lost a loved one to a traffic accident?

View Full Size Image YVONNE

by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
offrdngal
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:02 PM
I've been in 4 fender benders. No injuries except to the vehicles.
I lost a friend because a drunk driver, on 9-12-91. My friend and six others were killed when the van they were in was rear-ended and burst into flames.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CoeyG
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Yes Shannon and I were in a bad rearended that totaled my car in 2000.  When I was about a year old my parents were rearended in our car.  Never have lost a loved one though.

snuggiewoogie
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:37 PM

Yes... My aunt was killed in a very bad car accident with her friend that was driving :(

LivinDeadGurl
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:54 PM

I have been in minor ones.

I lost a cousin in an accident years ago. He was just 21.

HTMommy
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:57 PM

I have been in very minor accidents. Too many to count actually, but they were that insignificant. I had a friend who almost died in a car accident. actually 2 friends. Both of them were lucky to be alive. One fell asleep on his way home from work and ran of the road, the other was side swiped and wound up in a tree. Haven't lost anyone to car accidents. Just everything else :-(

ZakkarysMom
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:00 PM
In 2005 i was rear ended on the interstate while driving my van. I suffered from a concussion and severe whiplash. I was told if i hadnt worn my seatbelt i would be dead because i would have been thrown through the windshield. And if my son had been in his carseat in the back he would be dead. But thankfully he wasnt with me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VintageWife
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Yes and yes.

Bradensmommy719
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:53 AM
I have been in several accidents. (7) and no never lost anyone thankfully
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheJerseyGirl
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 5:04 AM

My dad died in a car accident when he was almost 26..I was 3 and my sister 1...It has affected every aspect of my life and there will never be anything that could take the hurt away.

I got into a really bad accident when I was 17...in the hospital for a week...concussion, numerous stitches in my arm, leg, and head...broke one leg and fractured another.....I also got into a teeny one last year and busted up my car pretty badly but thank goodness noone was hurt!

LisaD719
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Yes, my hubby (we were dating at the time) and I were. I had stitches in my bottom lip and in my forhead. No, I never lost anyone to a car accident.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)