Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench
You wet to someone's house and there was something that affected you physically? What would you do?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 4:56 PM
Replies (31-39):
HTMommy
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Good luck, I hope she opens her eyes before she loses you completely :-(hugs

Quoting mhmomma:

I honestly dont know why.  I make food so I know H will have something.  I read eVERY label now.  After the something itching me severly I will not be going there for a LONG  LONG LONG time.  She said she is gonna get the furniture cleaned.  We will see

Quoting HTMommy:

That is really sad...why do you bother going if she's going to be so ignorant about it? Its not fair to you guys.

Quoting mhmomma:

I know all this. Please. H and I both have food issues. She does not look at labels for anything. He just doesn't care. H had had his food issues for years as have I with the food allergies. Some people will never change. Sad when it's your own mom. My mil has changed her way if cooking and checks all label

Quoting HTMommy:

aww hon! It could be sooo many things. From something she sprays or has as an air freshener to uncleaned air filters and vents. It could be something she cooks with regularly that you don't. When it cooks it becomes an aromatic and the oil particles in the air are what effect you. It could be mold or dust. Sooo many possibilities of what it could be and like Colleen said, it could also very much be a subconscious reaction to the stress of going to your mom's. Something that you have no control over. *hugs* I hope you left

mhmomma
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 8:23 PM

She still has not called to see how I am feeling.  Such a wonderful mom

Quoting HTMommy:

Quoting mhmomma:

I honestly dont know why.  I make food so I know H will have something.  I read eVERY label now.  After the something itching me severly I will not be going there for a LONG  LONG LONG time.  She said she is gonna get the furniture cleaned.  We will see

Quoting HTMommy:

That is really sad...why do you bother going if she's going to be so ignorant about it? Its not fair to you guys.

Quoting mhmomma:

I know all this. Please. H and I both have food issues. She does not look at labels for anything. He just doesn't care. H had had his food issues for years as have I with the food allergies. Some people will never change. Sad when it's your own mom. My mil has changed her way if cooking and checks all label

Quoting HTMommy:

aww hon! It could be sooo many things. From something she sprays or has as an air freshener to uncleaned air filters and vents. It could be something she cooks with regularly that you don't. When it cooks it becomes an aromatic and the oil particles in the air are what effect you. It could be mold or dust. Sooo many possibilities of what it could be and like Colleen said, it could also very much be a subconscious reaction to the stress of going to your mom's. Something that you have no control over. *hugs* I hope you left

Charizma77
by Carissa on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:35 PM

I would leave

HTMommy
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 1:03 PM

You should cast your hand with your middle finger up and create a trophy that says "Mother of the year...You're number 1!"

Quoting mhmomma:

She still has not called to see how I am feeling.  Such a wonderful mom

Quoting HTMommy:

Quoting mhmomma:

Quoting HTMommy:

Quoting mhmomma:

Quoting HTMommy:

earthangel1967
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:46 PM

I get allergy attacks at both my parents house and also my father in laws house, severely itchy eyes, itchy nose, itchy inside ears. So I take 2 Loratadine before going over their houses and bring loratadine and benedryl with me in case I need it while there.

View Full Size Image YVONNE

mhmomma
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 3:47 PM

Oh what is Loratadine?  and I can not take Benadryl.  I get severe heart palpasation from most antihistimaines.  I take a Zyrtek every night.  It does help a l;ot

Quoting earthangel1967:

I get allergy attacks at both my parents house and also my father in laws house, severely itchy eyes, itchy nose, itchy inside ears. So I take 2 Loratadine before going over their houses and bring loratadine and benedryl with me in case I need it while there.

earthangel1967
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:30 PM

Quoting mhmomma:

Oh what is Loratadine?  and I can not take Benadryl.  I get severe heart palpasation from most antihistimaines.  I take a Zyrtek every night.  It does help a l;ot

Quoting earthangel1967:

Loratadine is the generic version of Claritin only wayyyyy cheaper, same ingredients, same strength and dosages just costs a lot less.

mhmomma
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Oh ok.  Claritan was not strong enough.  I take Zyrtek.  I dont get the palpitationsthank goodness

Quoting earthangel1967:

Quoting mhmomma:

Quoting earthangel1967:

Loratadine is the generic version of Claritin only wayyyyy cheaper, same ingredients, same strength and dosages just costs a lot less.

earthangel1967
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Quoting mhmomma:

Oh ok.  Claritan was not strong enough.  I take Zyrtek.  I dont get the palpitationsthank goodness

Quoting earthangel1967:

Quoting mhmomma:

Quoting earthangel1967:

Yeah recommended dosage of one pill wasnt strong enough for me either I have to double it and take two at a time. I tried zyrtec too (both when it was still a prescription and again when they first made it over the counter but it didnt help me anymore than taking 2 loratadine and cost way way more. Of course if the loratadine doesnt work for me I am able to take benadryl although I try not to bc loratadine is nondrowsy and benadryl makes me tired.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)