Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

something you didn't get

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:35 AM
  • 20 Replies

I didn't know how to title this  LOL

but the "favorite toy as a child" post got me to thinking...

was their a toy, pet, an article of clothing, etc. that you wanted as a child but never got?

by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CoolMommyofboys
by Platinum Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:38 AM

I had a great childhood - I really did but there are two things that I remember wanting as a child but I never did get....

DH said he always wanted one also but didn't get it.  I had "regular" big wheels and bikes but I always wanted a Green Machine           lol

a friend also had Baby Alive and I wanted one but never did get one...I had dolls- I had many dolls but I loved going to her house so I could play with her Baby Alive   (that doll has been around forever)

LucyHarper
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:39 AM

Just about everything.

diaperstodating
by Angel on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:40 AM

Barbie Dream House

Shari55
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:47 AM

Not that I remember

Shari, wife to John since April 1988, Mom to Heather (Jan. 1977), Nyssa(April 1989) and

Michaela(August 1994)

snuggiewoogie
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 1:00 PM

I pretty much got what I wanted when I was little. I was an only child and they spoiled me. I appreciate everything I got though. I was pretty happy with the Barbie's. I sat and played with them all day. I don't remember off the top of my head if I missed out on something in particular.....

deadlights86
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 1:02 PM
I always wanted a chemistry set.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
earthangel1967
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:18 PM

I got most stuff I asked for but I asked for a trampoline and a big swimming pool every year and never got either one of those.

View Full Size Image YVONNE

earthangel1967
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this

rolling on floorThis question reminds me of something funny, for several years in a row I asked for a double decker racetrack and didn't get it, then after a couple years of asking, one year my sister and I opened a gift for both of us and it was a double decker race track and to everyone's shock, I burst into tears and ran out of the room. When my mom came to check on me and asked "Honey you asked for that for a few years in a row, you don't like it?" I said "Yes I love it but I feel embarassed that our company is going to think its too boyish" (I liked being a girly girl so was worried what the guests would think of me for wanting a race track. LOL She assured me they all thought it was for girls or boys and looked fun so I then I went downstairs and really enjoyed it hahaha such a silly kid

View Full Size Image YVONNE

CoeyG
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 4:34 PM

The White Album (Beatles)

offrdngal
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 6:05 PM

There were two.  When I was about 5, I asked for a stuffed reindeer.  I finally got one when I was 25.  I had mentioned it to my now ex SIL, so she got one for me.  I just about cried when I opened it.  :)

When I was 9 or 10, I asked for Midnight (Barbie's black horse).  I got Dallas (her palomino) instead.  I was happy that I got one of the horses, but I really really wanted midnight.  My mother said she looked everywhere and couldn't find one.  She looked every Christmas after that, for years...with no luck.  I finally bought one from someone, off of EBay, several years ago.  Funny thing is, I didn't care about Barbie...I just wanted the horse.  LOL 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)