Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you ever forget your kids had a half day at school?

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:22 PM
  • 10 Replies
Well I did and am beating myself up over it. They revised the calendar and I guess I forgot to write this one down... And I never got a notice reminding me or my som's aide even bringing it up. I was only 10 minutes late but I might as well had been 10 hours late .

He could care less but I have TERRIBLE mommy guilt over this. It's ruining my day!

Please tell me you've been late getting your kids... PLEASE! My mood is counting on you .. Lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
snuggiewoogie
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 4:11 PM

Aww! Don't beat yourself up Michele! We can't remember everything! Honest Mistake :)

Flaca43
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 6:55 PM

Awww...I'm so sorry. I was late in picking up my children one day from school. I went to help a friend at court and was soooo upset because I couldn't make it in time to get my children. I called the school to speak to my daughter, but they wouldn't let me. I could only leave a message for her and the office clerk said they would keep the children instead of me having them walk home...was not far and they have done it before. So when I got to the school the principal came out of his office to speak to me. He treated me like I had abandoned them or something. Made me feel terrible. I was so upset...but my children were trying to make me feel better. THey were not upset with me.

So don't worry for being a few minutes late...it happens. You are still a good mom. YOu came for them.

mhmomma
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Guilty as charged.  A few years ago I got a call from the front office.  K had said I dont think my mom knows its a half day.  She was right.  So glad we only live 1/4 up the road.  I was so embarassed.

earthangel1967
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Not on a half day BUT we still laugh with my son who is now 17 1/2 over one time when he was in 1st grade, the school let us know they were sending all the kids home part way thru the day unexpectedly bc of a big blizzard that was already in progress and so my ex sister law and I got bundled up and drove to the school as safely but quickly as we could and apparently little 1st grade Elijah and his big sister were waiting outside in the blizzard for us for approx 5 min and when they got into the van little Elijah was FURIOUS!!!! He yelled "Thanks alot for taking so long! I got FREEZERBURNT bc of YOU!" We burst out laughing and then the poor kid got even madder "Its NOT funny!" He thinks its funny now.  my poor freezerburnt (icecream )boy lol

View Full Size Image YVONNE

earthangel1967
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:05 PM

embarrassedEven though I never forgot the kids on a half day what I did was MUCH MUCH worse than that! It's soooooo embarassing and shameful and my now almost 24 yr old daughter still teases me about it.

Our kids loved going to summer camp for a few weeks in the summer they were blessed to have full scholarships thru a community charity organization and just loved it. I didn't forget about her but somehow I got the date/time for picking her up at the bus drop off marked down wrong.

So after being at camp a couple weeks, the bus drove her back to our city at the drop off location and we werent there (we were at the mall with our other kids totally oblivious) Ughhhh, the bus people sat there with her all by herself with them for quite awhile after all the other kids went home and they tried calling us but we werent home (no cell phone) so the police picked her up and took her to the charity organization offices that paid for her camp and they kept trying to call us and once we got home were horrified to find out what happened. Poor Brittany!!! I felt like the worst mom in the world.

View Full Size Image YVONNE

Charizma77
by Carissa on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:41 PM

I haven't but it happens, really it does. I was a preschool teacher and stuff like this happens. Stop beating yourself up!

MamaFrankie
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:43 PM
I did . When my DS has half says he goes from 8-11 instead of 11-330 and we've slept thru the bus honking at 645 amLoL don't feel bad it happens
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LivinDeadGurl
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:30 PM

No, but when my daughter was in kindergarten, I worked 3rd shift. I got off work at 6am and would get her up and off to school and then would run errands that needed to be done before going home and going to sleep. Well one day I had forgot to set the alarm and slept through picking her up. It wasn't until they called that I woke up....30 minutes late.

CoeyG
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 12:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Here's one for you.  Shannon and I were up in time she was ready and waiting at the door for the bus but the bus was late.  She decided to walk up to the other stop and wait for it (she was almost 10 by the way)I let her go knowing she'd get there safely. and off I went to work.  About two hours at work I get a phone call from the lady up the street who watched kids before and after school asking if I knew there was no school that day.  I told herno that I didn't get a note.  She said that there wasn't a note, a school official passed on the Friday prior and school had been closed the day of the funeral...and since it was in the local paper the school decided that they didn't need to send home a note...they ASSumed that everyone got the local paper, we did not.  I was at the school the next day shoving my foot up the Principal's ass.  

LucyHarper
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 1:02 AM

No, but I only work part time so I'm out of work and at home when they get out on half days and they take the bus home, so if I didn't remember, it wouldn't really be a huge deal, they would still get home fine, it would just be a surprise.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)