Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

Insecure or feelings for ex

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 2:25 PM
  • 3 Replies

Okay So my daughter's Godmother Rach needs opinons , shes not a mom so she doesn't have Cafemom but I know this group will be honest.

She has Instagram, and has her ex on it [It's like twitter for photos]

She's been with her fiance for 4 years they areally are inlove, shes never cheated never had issues with her relationship then the norm bickerments

Well she texted me saying "i love Trev, [her fiance] i do thats why I m marrying him but why is it that when my ex likes my pictures on instagram I smile?"

I told her idk, that something could still be there but I could be wrong. I'm not good at that shit LOL

What do you think? Feelings are still there or it is just normal to get a little gitty or smiley wen your ex compliments you, is it normal to get like "YUP, I LOOK DAMN GOOD AND IM NOT YOURS AND YOU MISS IT HAHA" lol

She's in her 20s

by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 2:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Kathleenplus1
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 2:41 PM

Been there done that. Just remember you broke up for a reason! Its hard sometimes to focus on the negatives when it was in the past people's memories fade and that person (the ex) became a figment of our imagination. Those people can become dangerous illusions because illusions have no flaws and we are left with what ever we want them to be. Also the longer you are with someone the more predictable and boring the relationship becomes. When someone fresh or new shows you attention its exciting but you have to take it for what it is.

MamaFrankie
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Quoting Kathleenplus1:

Been there done that. Just remember you broke up for a reason! Its hard sometimes to focus on the negatives when it was in the past people's memories fade and that person (the ex) became a figment of our imagination. Those people can become dangerous illusions because illusions have no flaws and we are left with what ever we want them to be. Also the longer you are with someone the more predictable and boring the relationship becomes. When someone fresh or new shows you attention its exciting but you have to take it for what it is.

this...was very deep LOL hmmmm im going to read her the responses as more come in, thanks.

CoeyG
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 5:50 PM
1 mom liked this

She has a hsitory with her ex, that is never going to change and of course she likes when he "likes" her photos because she likes to know he is thinking of her.  This doesn't mean she still has feelings for him, it doesn't mean that she is insecure about marrying her fiance.  For whatever reasons her ex and her broke up she still has a fodness for the goodtimes they had together.  This is normal.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)