Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to find other couple to hang out with?

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:12 PM
  • 11 Replies
My husband and I are trying to find other couples that we things in comment but don't know how to find them! Any ideas or ways to meet other couple in our area !
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CoeyG
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Join the Y...Join a couples bowling league.  If you are so inclined, go to church/synagogue/temple, etc. 

TheJerseyGirl
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 5:45 AM
1 mom liked this

The more the two of you go out around your town, you'll just naturally find people you connect with...what about work?

gbcmom
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 7:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Same here. We recently moved and have beeen trying to find other to hang out with. I am very social and my husband is VERY ANTISOCIAL. I am going to have to find them, make a date and just tell him to get ready.
snuggiewoogie
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 7:40 AM
1 mom liked this

It will happen!

kimber2465
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 7:49 AM
1 mom liked this

get involved!!!  we have moved alot thanks to hub's  job.  join a bowling league. you don't have the greatest bowler-lol!!! church, we do special olympics, i do girl scouts, work, help out with the school, your town

Becca8871
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:31 AM
I'm a stay home mom and he works but idk if he talks to anyone at work tho

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

The more the two of you go out around your town, you'll just naturally find people you connect with...what about work?

Dontchawishuknu
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 7:02 AM
1 mom liked this
We have the same problem but moreso because DH and I have very different interests and most of the couples we do find that have similar interests usually are every other night partiers, and we just aren't....good luck!
Becca8871
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 11:17 PM
Understand ! ;) we like to hang out and go place but not party type lol

Quoting Dontchawishuknu:

We have the same problem but moreso because DH and I have very different interests and most of the couples we do find that have similar interests usually are every other night partiers, and we just aren't....good luck!

HTMommy
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 11:08 AM

Where are you located? You can do a google search for your area or the closest metro area (if you are willing to travel) alot of places/cities have outings set up for every weekend (If not every single day) for singles and couples alike. It could be anything from bar-hopping and getting drink deals for everyone in the group to sight-seeing to shows.

Like others said, get involved with church, since you're a SAHM get out to the park and find some other SAHM and connect that way, talk about the hubby and see if anyone connects. You may also have a local mommies group that have play dates at everyone's house and then you have a girls night or something like that.

Good luck, we have very few couple friends and our schedules always conflict on availability

Bertieb
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 11:58 AM

It's hard even when you still live in the town you grew up in. Interests change and everybody is so busy or already involved with other friends. I have a friend who acts like I'm her sister or best friend at work and we do things together but when it comes to social life she never invites me and my husband to her parties.  I can't figure it out. She will even ask me to borrow stuff for her parties! A few times she invtied me before I remarried but I guess it was because she felt obligated and knew I didn't have anything to do then.  She has also invited me to her jewelry parties, kitchen parties, etc. Anyway, it is just hard to get in a group sometimes is all I'm saying. Thankfully we've found some other friends that seem to have stuck with us!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)