Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

A Bloody Christmas (pic)

Posted by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 4:48 PM
  • 24 Replies

To start off I want to say we DID have an awesome wonderful Christmas (even my poor mom who was a wonderful little sport agreed she thought so too despite the accident.)

As we were walking into our son Elijah's place where we celebrated with a feast and gift exchange, my mom (who hasnt' the greatest balance and has horrible reflexes) /it wasnt icy she just tripped/ fell flat on her face right on the cement step, there was blood all over the step and her face and throat and it peeled a big chunk of flesh off her cheek. My husband and dad rushed her to ER. Her catscan and xrays said no broken bones and no concussion thank goodness. They put in a couple dissolvable deep tissue stitches and used some surgical glue on the surface (she has like tissue paper thin skin so its hard to stitch). They gave her antibiotics and vicodin.

Her hands are also black and blue and her knees are too and they have abrasions also.

2 of our daughters burst into tears the minute they saw she fell and got hurt but once she got back from er and they saw she is ok and was all smiley they were ok too and we ended up having a wonderful evening after all.

My poor little mom though.

View Full Size Image YVONNE

by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 4:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KarenMarie35
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 5:08 PM

OMG, I hope your mom is better soon!

That reminds me of the time a few years ago when my mother tripped on the steps going into my brother's house on Thanksgiving and ended up going to the emergency room to have her leg stitched up!!

earthangel1967
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 5:12 PM

Quoting KarenMarie35:

OMG, I hope your mom is better soon!

That reminds me of the time a few years ago when my mother tripped on the steps going into my brother's house on Thanksgiving and ended up going to the emergency room to have her leg stitched up!!

thank you

and awww your poor mom. You are right that is very similar!

View Full Size Image YVONNE

Jemia
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 5:23 PM
Hope she feels better soon.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
amylulu1
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 6:34 PM
Great picture...she's a beautiful lady! I hope she heals quickly
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CoeyG
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 6:35 PM

This is why I become a "hermit" this time of year.  Never fails that I wind up ether on all fours or my butt sliding on the icewalking outside.  So I stay on the porch and that is as far as I go. 

snuggiewoogie
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Aww! I hope she heals quickly!

LivinDeadGurl
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Poor thing! I am glad she wasn't hurt too badly though and that she still had a good Christmas.

ZakkarysMom
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 10:35 PM
Ouch. I hope she feels better soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
letstalk747
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 10:42 PM

omg

mamamiajk
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:02 AM

OMG I hope she gets healed soon

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)