Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

To start off I want to say we DID have an awesome wonderful Christmas (even my poor mom who was a wonderful little sport agreed she thought so too despite the accident.)

As we were walking into our son Elijah's place where we celebrated with a feast and gift exchange, my mom (who hasnt' the greatest balance and has horrible reflexes) /it wasnt icy she just tripped/ fell flat on her face right on the cement step, there was blood all over the step and her face and throat and it peeled a big chunk of flesh off her cheek. My husband and dad rushed her to ER. Her catscan and xrays said no broken bones and no concussion thank goodness. They put in a couple dissolvable deep tissue stitches and used some surgical glue on the surface (she has like tissue paper thin skin so its hard to stitch). They gave her antibiotics and vicodin.

Her hands are also black and blue and her knees are too and they have abrasions also.

2 of our daughters burst into tears the minute they saw she fell and got hurt but once she got back from er and they saw she is ok and was all smiley they were ok too and we ended up having a wonderful evening after all.

My poor little mom though.

View Full Size Image YVONNE

by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 4:48 PM
Replies (11-20):
Maprinces3
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:26 AM

Oh your poor mom, I am glas she is ok and she was not hurt worse.  I can understand your feelings as we always are the family that someone gets hurt or sick for most holidays or family get togethers. We have had over the years stitches, broken bones, feeding tubes fall out, emergency surgeries, heart attack, cuts scrapes and bruises, pneumonia, chicken pox, fever of unknown origin, failure to thrive in hospital, migraines, etc...

dingysfamily
by Suzi on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:49 AM

So glad your mom's okay!  Glad you had a great Christmas in the end.

earthangel1967
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Quoting Maprinces3:

Oh your poor mom, I am glas she is ok and she was not hurt worse.  I can understand your feelings as we always are the family that someone gets hurt or sick for most holidays or family get togethers. We have had over the years stitches, broken bones, feeding tubes fall out, emergency surgeries, heart attack, cuts scrapes and bruises, pneumonia, chicken pox, fever of unknown origin, failure to thrive in hospital, migraines, etc...

jaw dropim sorry hugs

earthangel1967
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 10:05 AM

thank youhugs thank you hugs everyone

Maprinces3
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Thank you for your kind thoughts and wishes. Just how it is with us...

Even our daughters High School Graduation, as she walked to get her diploma her Grandma was getting an emergency quadruple bypass!

Quoting earthangel1967:

Quoting Maprinces3:

jaw dropim sorry hugs

LilyPondOasis
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Awwww I pray your Mom is healing up ok. 

You have a beautiful Mom and family Yvonne! 

earthangel1967
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 12:36 PM

Quoting LilyPondOasis:

Awwww I pray your Mom is healing up ok. 

You have a beautiful Mom and family Yvonne! 

awww thank you so much thats is sweet of you, yeah besides my mom that is 2 of our 3 daughters and the youngest of our 2 sons. : )

VintageWife
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Oh no! Glad she's alright :/

Eve-marie
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 2:56 PM

Hope she feels better and the painkillers really work. My grandmother fell in the bathroom her last mothers day and burst her forehead on the side of the tub. My father had left to bring her, my aunt and cousins to mum's for our mothers day luncheon. Instead she went to hospital for stitches and we all nibbled a few bites halfheartedly and visited her after she got home that evening. Her entire face was swollen. But she was a tough old girl, tried to smile, and thanked God that nothing was broken.

EsmeVincent
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 2:58 PM
Omg! glad she's OK and even tho she was hurt she had a good time
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN