Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

NORTH CAROLINA VS NORTH CAROLINA

Posted by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 10:47 PM
  • 6 Replies

raleigh nc vs Fayetteville>

What is the difference? DH got a job offer in BOTH locations. we live in Jersey right now. He also got an offer in South Dakota but....yeah i know nothing about SD but I've been to NC.

What is the difference of the towns? Crime? How is the public school systems for Autism programs?

by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 10:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
diaperstodating
by Angel on Dec. 26, 2012 at 10:48 PM
Bump
MamaFrankie
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 10:49 PM

THANK YOU

Quoting diaperstodating:

Bump

taniamorse85
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 2:04 AM

I've only ridden through NC (when I was a kid), so I don't know much about it.  But, I thought I'd do some research to try to help you out.

Here are links to the district websites for Wake County (Raleigh and surrounding areas) and Cumberland County (Fayetteville) school districts.  For Raleigh, here is some info that may pertain to students with autism:  PBIS, Special Education, Intervention Services, Transition Services.  For Fayetteville:  Exceptional Children's Services.

As for the cities in general, here is the homepage for Raleigh, and here is info regarding demographics, crime rates, etc.  Also, here and here are the same types of pages for Fayetteville.

I hope this helps!

dingysfamily
by Suzi on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Never been to Fayettville, but have been to Raliegh/Durham area and really like it.

Looneyfarmmom
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 10:01 AM

Fayettville, NC is more of a military town. They have cleaned it up since I was a kid and turned it into a family oriented place for military families. Or so I heard. I grew up in NC so Fayettville is still considered a small town. Raleigh is a must larger area and big city feel. They have more opportunity for culture and acceptance of being different. I heard they have awesome schools as well. 

darlingdaisy
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Fayetteville SUCKS.. Raleigh is amazing. 

The schools in Fayetteville are horrible, but the ones in Raleigh are really good.   You wan to live in Wake Forest (a suburb of Raleigh) if you have an autistic child.  They are amazing!!

My sister lives in Wake Forest.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)