Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

Birthday party goody bags *UPDATE*

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:48 AM
  • 13 Replies

So I am having a Hello Kitty Winter Carnival for My 5 yo daughter for her Birthday next saturday. after Christmas Target had Hello Kitty things on sale. I picked up 10 normal size Hello kitty gift bags(not goody bags) for  and 10 giants Coloring books but now that we have the guest list, due to siblings and people that have been added on we are up to 17 kids but about 9 families SO I was thinking maybe I would use the bags and coloring books and make family good bags. Including an assortment of other party favors and little bags of candy for each child. Do you think that's weird? I like the idea but my sister thought it was a little strange what do you think?

Just thought I'd say that the goody bags worked out great! All the parents loved in and the kids were happy too! Here's a pic I put them up in a tree that we also hung cotton candy from and called the Cotton Candy tree

by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bradensmommy719
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:15 PM
I like that idea. That way you can save a little money and each family doesn't go home with several of the same small goodie bags. With the bigger bag you can custom to each family and it seems a little more personal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momamanda
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:40 PM

That's kinda what I was thinking and It makes me wonder why I never thought about doing it before

Quoting Bradensmommy719:

With the bigger bag you can custom to each family and it seems a little more personal.

snuggiewoogie
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Sounds fine!

diaperstodating
by Angel on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:49 PM
I like that idea!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
baquick
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:51 PM
Since many of my friends have between 2-5 kids... That sounds like an amazing idea to me! I think I shall do that!
VintageWife
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I think you should. That's a great idea! You can have your daughter hand them out and say "Thank you for using your family time to celebrate my birthday. I'd like you to have this!"

Hannahsmom494
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:03 AM
I think that's a great idea!
tinysmom160
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:57 PM

Well I think each kid would want there own bag I remember when my kids was little and I always did each kid but hey that was 15 year or longer ago times change.

katmom76
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:43 PM

I love it! Do what works for you.

Necie72
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:36 PM

I like the idea...  DD is having a Jake and the Neverland Pirates party (more like just the cake and favors because it's at Chuck E. Cheese).  I found a TON of Jake stuff in their dollar section.  I got lucky because I guesstimated 10 kids and that's what will be there, including DD...  If there would have been more than one child in a family, I would have given one bag per family and just added extra pencils...  It's better than the 10 and 25 cent junk toys that most kids get, so I think it's ok if the stuff is a little more expensive and it's one per family...  I would just stick to the family bag and not worry about the smaller bags....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN