Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

Another UPDATE 1/31 - I've done some more stalking (RE: Coey) ***UPDATE 1/26/13***

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:42 AM
  • 26 Replies

Here's some more updates on how Coey (and Sophie) is.

Shannon posted toColleen
Sophie will be transferred to a foster home in PA, then to the one in VA where she originally had been fostered before mom adopted her. Depending on where in VA Sophie will be located my dad may get her and bring her to TX. The other option is having her transported from VA to TX, as they do transports on a monthly basis. The transport will be low cost or free. But either way Sophie will be with me, in a safe home where she can be cared for and my mom can concentrate on getting and staying better.
Sophie is doing really well in the kennel.
Just got a call back from the pulmonary doc. Mom will be in the ICU through the weekend and then she will be in the hospital for some weeks. She had not been able to take her regular meds and due to her weight whatever mild infection she had became pneumonia. And at her age and her condition that can be very dangerous.

UPDATE 1/26/13
Okay...well today I found out that my mom was moved to a regular hospital room and then was taken to a nursing home. About 20mins. after arriving at the nursing facility her oxygen level dropped drastically and she was taken back to the ER.

UPDATE 1/31/13
Shannon posted toColleen
Been trying to contact the hospital for 3 days now. Kept getting either the busy/phone off the hook signal or automatically disconnected...now I receive the message that my call cannot be completed as dialed. I checked the numbers on their site and they are the same ones I've been dialing. I also checked my wireless account; I have my bill on auto pay, so it was paid earlier this month and I have the minutes to make calls. Would any of my friends in PA possibly know if anything is going on at Moses Taylor Hospital for this to happen?

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LivinDeadGurl
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I must have been gone longer than I thought. Thank you for the update.

VintageWife
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:07 PM
4 moms liked this

I was just getting ready to do some searching. Thanks for updating us! I imagine if she's strong enough, she's giving some docs h*ll. Teehee!

offrdngal
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

You're welcome

snuggiewoogie
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:19 AM

I miss her. She's my buddy :( I hope she gets well soon and is back home........

Eve-marie
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:23 PM
I've wondered if you were okay. Good to see you again.

Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:26 AM
2 moms liked this
I hope that strong attitude help her get through this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
earthangel1967
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Omgosh, I missed all this until this update too. Thank you for updating us. Coey/Colleen is a special part of this group and I hope she and her loved ones will be well. I know her furbabies mean soooo much to her too, that is one of the things we have in common.

View Full Size ImageYVONNE

enafaye
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:27 PM

Saying a prayer for a quick recovery.

VintageWife
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I read an update earlier today. I think she might be moving into a regular room.

maciymommieof3
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:50 PM

OMG..........me too..........   Poor Colleen... I have her in my thoughts and prayers.

Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN