Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

Welcome to The Park Bench! Please introduce yourself... Get started here!

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi,

Thank you for joining The Park Bench group!

This is a great place to find support, advice and friendship from other moms!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice day Amy

PS - Here is a link to the CafeMom Help Desk: 
The CafeMom Help Desk - Ask Questions Here! FAQs, Tips and Abbreviations... 

Enjoy our Park Bench welcome video - courtesy of Liansmommie:

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:44 AM
Replies (51-60):
candyapple704
by on Aug. 9, 2013 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello! I'm Judy.. I thought this looked like an interesting group and wanted a friend - going through a hard time right now trying to understand my kids. Been married 16 years and 4 kids later; 10,8,7,and 4. My oldest were diagnosed with autism 7 years ago and things are just starting to get challenging now and feeling way out of my depth...

Cafe AmyS
by Silver Member on Aug. 9, 2013 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi Judy, welcome to the group!

Quoting candyapple704:

Hello! I'm Judy.. I thought this looked like an interesting group and wanted a friend - going through a hard time right now trying to understand my kids. Been married 16 years and 4 kids later; 10,8,7,and 4. My oldest were diagnosed with autism 7 years ago and things are just starting to get challenging now and feeling way out of my depth...

myluvwy1
by on Aug. 13, 2013 at 9:54 PM
2 moms liked this
Hi, I might have already introduced myself before,but it's been awhile. I am Tina, married with an almost 8 year old son and we live in WI. I personally have a difficult time meeting parents with children my sons age and I have tried different routes to do so. I swear, sometimes I feel completely alone as does my son with friends, but my husband doesn't get it. He's complete just having us and his family in his life. I know I should too, but I feel like there are people missing, for me it's friendships. Anyways, sorry for that, I'm looking to meet others that get it and want to talk.
candyapple704
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 12:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks Amy! I will definately check that out :)

candyapple704
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 12:41 AM
1 mom liked this

I understand where you are coming from - the meeting other moms isn't happened in this department either - my hubby works 4 jobs and is never here, so I spend a LOT of time around our 4 kids and living the life :) it's hard to get out and develop friendships.. this summer our 2 oldest are in Autism camp 5 weeks, so I then take the younger two out and about. It's a bit easier to meet moms at the spray pads and parks and libraries!

robin7771
Happy Days! I got new Football tag!!!
Yesterday at 9:11 AM
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 6:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello!

My name is Robin I am sahm with all grow-up adults. I love to chat! Hope to get to know like wise ladies. Hobbies are cooking baking reading and love to go to movies.

monica775
by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Hi, my name is Monica and I've raised two young ladies, ages 15 and 18 but I've taken on my great nieces and nephew. We have legal custody of the two great nieces, ages 3 and 16 months but Children's Services placed the great nephew with us. Raising children in today's world is even different from raising my children who are only 15 and 18. Discipline is definitely different raising other people's children. We actually don't even have any control of the 5 year old that Children's Services' placed with us so, we can't get him in preschool and taking him to the doctor is even a hassle. Just like there are no instruction booklets for raising your own children there aren't any instruction for raising other people's children either.
Cafe AmyS
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Hi Monica!  

Yes, it's very different in just these few years between your daughters and your younger children.  (((hug)))

Quoting monica775: Hi, my name is Monica and I've raised two young ladies, ages 15 and 18 but I've taken on my great nieces and nephew. We have legal custody of the two great nieces, ages 3 and 16 months but Children's Services placed the great nephew with us. Raising children in today's world is even different from raising my children who are only 15 and 18. Discipline is definitely different raising other people's children. We actually don't even have any control of the 5 year old that Children's Services' placed with us so, we can't get him in preschool and taking him to the doctor is even a hassle. Just like there are no instruction booklets for raising your own children there aren't any instruction for raising other people's children either.

lgt4myft
by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 8:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Hello my name is Bonny and I'm from Michigan. I have a 15 yr old son with Asbergers. I myself suffer from Fibromyalgia and my husband has Progressive Multiple Sclorosis. Therefore I am a SAHM. I have tried homeschooling my son for the past two yrs but the stress of everything has cause me to have an exacerbation with my Fibro and an exacerbation had one with his MS as well. Our pain has caused us to be homebodies in this friged cold wheaterwe have been having. Therefore I am sending our son back to a brick and mortor school.

I am looking for support groups in northern Mi and would like to begin pushing Autism awareness in schools in northern mi. I may not know everything there is to know about this procedure yet but I do know that two heads are better than one and I beleive it is time we stand up and educate our childrens teachers and schools about it.

The bullying polices most schools have look good on paper but won't do a bit of good if they dont enforce it or even get the root of the problem. My son was suspended from school once for kicking a child in the groan after that child ripped something out of his hand. The real bullies get off scott free without even a slap on the wrist. How is this fair?

Cafe AmyS
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Hi Bonny, welcome!

I don't know of any groups directly in MI, but you might want to check out our Autism: Support Across the Spectrum group here on CafeMom.  

Quoting lgt4myft:

Hello my name is Bonny and I'm from Michigan. I have a 15 yr old son with Asbergers. I myself suffer from Fibromyalgia and my husband has Progressive Multiple Sclorosis. Therefore I am a SAHM. I have tried homeschooling my son for the past two yrs but the stress of everything has cause me to have an exacerbation with my Fibro and an exacerbation had one with his MS as well. Our pain has caused us to be homebodies in this friged cold wheaterwe have been having. Therefore I am sending our son back to a brick and mortor school.

I am looking for support groups in northern Mi and would like to begin pushing Autism awareness in schools in northern mi. I may not know everything there is to know about this procedure yet but I do know that two heads are better than one and I beleive it is time we stand up and educate our childrens teachers and schools about it.

The bullying polices most schools have look good on paper but won't do a bit of good if they dont enforce it or even get the root of the problem. My son was suspended from school once for kicking a child in the groan after that child ripped something out of his hand. The real bullies get off scott free without even a slap on the wrist. How is this fair?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)