Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

Having surgery; prayers please

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:46 PM
  • 14 Replies

I am having surgery to repair 3 hernias next Monday (2/4). The surgery isn't scheduled until 3:30, so I'll most likely be here in the a.m., but not sure how I'll feel on Tuesday ... we shall see. It's out-patient. I'm praying that this will finally get rid of the pain on my right side ... and my left too. I had always thought the pain on the left (which I've had much longer) was from my back, how surprised I was to find I had a hernia there also.

I was supposed to be flying to Greenville AL next Wednesday to spend my birthday with my cousin Judy & my aunt that I haven't seen in nearly 15 years; another cousin, from MS, was driving over to spend it with us. When I talked to Judy Monday night I found out that my stepmom (in Mobile) was planning a birthday party for me on Friday and a lot of family (again most I haven't seen since my grandmother passed nearly 15 years ago) were going to come. Can you spell ... HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT!!! Of course they are all more concerned with my health and told me to just don't worry and to take it easy. I called my mom (I feel like she's a mom & don't like to use the term step; she's actually my mother's 1st cousin too) and spoke to her and she said the same thing and is wishing she could be here. Unfortunately she is taking care of her 85 yr old sister who is ill.

Anyhow ... life goes on, but prayers would be appreciated. I'll update when I can.

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bleacheddecay
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:32 PM

*HUGS* Hope it goes great.

TheJerseyGirl
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:42 PM
omgosh Suzi! Sending prayers your way! Good luck... I'm sure you will make out fine!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snuggiewoogie
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Sending Prayers!

merryvoice
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:48 PM
Aww, I'm so sorry. Prayers and positive energy being sent your way!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
earthangel1967
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:54 PM

prayingfeel better

View Full Size ImageYVONNE

Lindalou907
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:38 PM

I hope it goes really well for you, and that you feel a LOT better! Sorry about your trip :(

she_walk_softly
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:40 PM

Prayers,Take it so easy the first 8 weeks after surgery and feel so much better.

Dontchawishuknu
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:53 PM
Prayers and quick healing vibes sent...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mightymo
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:06 PM

good thoughts going your way

Yellowlily333
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:20 PM

prayers!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)