Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you buy these cakes *13 pics*??

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:26 AM
  • 26 Replies

So I have been doing cakes and cupcakes for about a year now. I have a good time and all my friends and family say I could sell them but I'm not sure. Just wondering what you ladies think? would you buy these and if so what would you pay for them. I make everything from scratch. the cake, The filling, The frosting and I make Marshmellow fondant. I know that there are rules and regulations on selling cakes I've read all about it. Just curious to know what strangers think??? The fire truck was my first 3d cake a couple years ago. and the baby shower one was my first fondant.

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LoveMyLos
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:29 AM

my 2 yr old just told me to buy the pink castle......lol 

Michelle479
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Very nice. :) 

Karen2313
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Yes, I would. Very nice and creative.

earthangel1967
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Good job. I don't buy cakes bc I have always had fun creating/baking and decorating all of ours for our 5 kids while they were growing up too. Now that they are grown, my oldest daughter has taken over and while I was self taught she actually took 3 wilton cake decorating courses so has me beat. lol

YVONNE

jaytee
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:20 PM
7 moms liked this

They are nice but kinda messy and not work that I would pay for. I'm not trying to be mean I'm just being honest. I think that you need more practice. Good luck!

907PickleMom
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I think you are on your way but do need more practice.

Quoting jaytee:

They are nice but kinda messy and not work that I would pay for. I'm not trying to be mean I'm just being honest. I think that you need more practice. Good luck!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sugarfox72
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:33 PM
1 mom liked this
This was what I was going to say. You have major potential keep practicing and you could make money! :)

Quoting 907PickleMom:

I think you are on your way but do need more practice.

Quoting jaytee:

momamanda
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:49 PM

I would agree with you that some are a little messy. My mario one fell, so it's crooked and some of my cupcakes have dripped frosting. I am working on that part now. Learning to take my time!

confused

Quoting jaytee:

angelachristine
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:51 PM

no they look like something regular people could probably make on their own. They are nice though.

It's Cassandra Cat! 

Unforgettable21
by Jocelyn on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I think they look really nice. Good work. I really love the Hello Kitty cake :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)