Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Park Bench The Park Bench

UPS

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:29 PM
  • 19 Replies

Poll

Question: Would it make you feel guilty even though it's the job they chose?

Options:

Yes

Yes but only if the person seemed elderly

No

Too much sympathy is givin to people who don't deserve it since they chose the job!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 22

View Results

I feel really guilty when my husband orders somthing and ships it using UPS. We live up 3 flights of stairs so it kinda sucks for the delivery men. Somthing for my husband arrived today and the poor man was panting and looked like he was atleast near his 50s. I tried to offer him a drink but he said he was in a hurry and had a lot more to deliver but thank you.

weddingcountdown.com
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
snuggiewoogie
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Not really....

MommyDearest555
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:14 PM
1 mom liked this

It is the persons job. That is like going to Walmart and feeling bad because the person has 20 ppl in line to check out. Maybe it will help that individual live longer for having an act job. I pant after walking up three flights of stairs going to my doctors office. I am pregnant and the building has an elevator, but I choose to walk up the stairs to try to keep myself active where ever I go. Offering him a drink was a nice gesture though!

funny_girl3
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:17 PM

I feel sorry for them.  Especially when I ordered a trampoline for Christmas.  It came in two very heavy boxes and the poor guy carried them up my driveway and then up a flight of steps and a long sidewalk to my front door when other delivery people have just left boxes by the garage door.

CJsMommy92
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Our experience with UPS is that they go further than the other delivery services. We really like their service

Quoting funny_girl3:

I feel sorry for them.  Especially when I ordered a trampoline for Christmas.  It came in two very heavy boxes and the poor guy carried them up my driveway and then up a flight of steps and a long sidewalk to my front door when other delivery people have just left boxes by the garage door.

weddingcountdown.com

kaitybird
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 1:27 AM

I would have more sympathy if our UPS person wasn't out to destroy boxes and stuff.  I have personally watched him throw things off his truck.   After the way our boxes looked the other day when we got home that was the last straw.  We emailed the company.  There are some great UPS drivers out there, ours just isn't one of them!

CJsMommy92
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 6:05 AM

Dang! I'm sorry. I'm sure they'll probably fire him

Quoting kaitybird:

I would have more sympathy if our UPS person wasn't out to destroy boxes and stuff.  I have personally watched him throw things off his truck.   After the way our boxes looked the other day when we got home that was the last straw.  We emailed the company.  There are some great UPS drivers out there, ours just isn't one of them!

weddingcountdown.com

WillTimsmom
by Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:35 AM
1 mom liked this

We always have young good-looking strong guys here.  I love getting packages.

embarrassed

kaitybird
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 2:37 PM

I hardly think so.  He has been with them a very long time!  At least 10 years of so!

Quoting CJsMommy92:

Dang! I'm sorry. I'm sure they'll probably fire him

Quoting kaitybird:

Bradensmommy719
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:41 PM
I really lime our ups man. He goes out of his way to be extra careful.with boxes plus he treats my son as a person. Even let him sign for his own package the other day. It was pretty cool for my son. :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
taniamorse85
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:24 AM

Ultimately, they chose to accept the job, and they know the demands of it.  So, while I may have sympathy for them (especially on our 100+ degree days), I don't feel guilty.  Besides, we always end up with a lousy UPS guy.  They know they are not to put packages on our patio, and they don't care.  They always toss them there anyway.  Yes, I said toss.  Our patio is surrounded by high hedges, and the only way they could possibly get a package there is if they throw it in.  Even someone is home, they put the damn packages there.  I've gotten into the habit of checking it every day, but the first couple years at this apartment, we ended up with packages that were left on the patio for days because we had no idea they were there.  Also, sometimes they'll put packages for our upstairs neighbor there as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)