Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Spelling mistakes in blog, need help and advice

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:15 AM
  • 8 Replies

Hi, I have a blog in English although it's not my native language. Someone told me that it's better not write at all than to write with misspells. Do you agree with this? 
Currently I can't afford to hire someone to fix this misspells. 
I use spell checker and Google, but I guess it's not enough, the problem is that because of my poor English I can't see those mistakes.
What do you think should I do, would love to read some suggestions.
Thanks.
P.S. This is my blog, if you have a minute 
www.visart-dali.com/

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
creekbank
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Nice site, well done. I'm going to make the cookies, and I'm not even Jewish, LOL! They Look Great! I have no idea what matzo is, tho, so gotta find some.

It's very hard to write in a language that isn't your native language, but  you did very well! It is completely understandable and logical.

There are a few very minor verb conjugation changes that could be made, and some punctuation changes. On the whole, I have to say it sounds better than many of the things I've read from college classes - done by native speakers.

So no worries! Again, very nice site!

Bleacheddecay
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Don't let people get you down about this. English is not your first language. You did your best. Keep at it and don't worry.

ClayingMama
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:31 PM

You are very kind, thank you and use white flour with whole wheat flour instead of matzo meal

kim8934
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:41 PM

type in word, then copy and paste on the blog.  they have a much better spell checker.

jeweldragons
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:43 PM

I understand it.  Check out my blog Journey to Jannah if you have time.  I liked the recipe for the Passover cookies.

Dragon-Wife to Phoenix. Sister wife to Flower and Bird. Astronomer, Muslim, author, book lover, and gamer. Married since 10/19/06.
http://leavesofknowledge.blogspot.com
creekbank
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:53 PM

I understand, I really don't like the way flour tastes, and we generally don't eat it because of gluten problems. Maybe i can get some non-gluten.

thanks!

Quoting ClayingMama:

You are very kind, thank you and use white flour with whole wheat flour instead of matzo meal

PinkButterfly66
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:04 PM

It's your blog. How dare anyone tell you that you shouldn't write because of mispellings!  Practice will make you a better writer.  Use a dictionary, not just a spell checker to make sure you have the word you're looking for.  Ask someone to proof the blog for you now and then.  Any writer can have mispellings and the wrong word in their text.  After looking at the text for so long, the writer stops seeing the mistakes.  That's why a pair of fresh eyes is always helpful.  Published writers have editors to do this for them.  

arthistmom
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:46 PM

This. I'll have to try your Passover Nutella cookie recipe. I think I still have some matzo cake flour leftover from Passover. Thanks for sharing!

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

It's your blog. How dare anyone tell you that you shouldn't write because of mispellings!  Practice will make you a better writer.  Use a dictionary, not just a spell checker to make sure you have the word you're looking for.  Ask someone to proof the blog for you now and then.  Any writer can have mispellings and the wrong word in their text.  After looking at the text for so long, the writer stops seeing the mistakes.  That's why a pair of fresh eyes is always helpful.  Published writers have editors to do this for them.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)