Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i know i'ma pain, but one more question lol

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:44 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 233 Total Views

ok, soooo. i know that to get into the AF they look at your credit. do they look at what you owe on your house/vehicles too? i mean if DH goes in we are selling the house (already have a buyer)  his truck gets paid off in feb, and my car is getting sold. do they take that into consideration?

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Mother_To_4
by Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:00 PM

They look for bad credit. They will look at if you have late payments against you.They will also look at how much debt you have and if you could live off of E1- E2 pay. If your selling the house and you only owe 3 more payments on your truck then you shouldn't have a problem if everything else is good.

candis06
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:36 PM

Quoting Mother_To_4:

They look for bad credit. They will look at if you have late payments against you.They will also look at how much debt you have and if you could live off of E1- E2 pay. If your selling the house and you only owe 3 more payments on your truck then you shouldn't have a problem if everything else is good.

i dont think his credit is GREAT, but its not horrible either. we have been late on the house a few times, but it is getting sold and we have been on time for atleast the last 6  months, my car us usually late lol but like i said, that is getting sold too. i know there was something on there from a few years ago that went to collections but it got paid off before we even bought the house 2 years ago. he has never been late on his truck. soi hope we are in the clear for that. because i dont think a mortage should count against you going active duity because OBVIOUSLY you are going to sell it lol. thanks for the input!

Mother_To_4
by Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:43 PM

There are waivers for credit too but they just want to make sure you are paying your bills. Good Luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)