Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Today is the day

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:39 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 248 Total Views

We went to MEPS today and watched our daughter be sworn in.  She leaves for BMT on 2:30 this afternoon! 

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
sdwyer
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 10:13 AM

You must be so proud! Good luck to your daughter and thank her for her service! 

~~Steph~~  expecting baby

dixiecharmer
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 8:00 PM

You are starting on a great adventure. along with your daughter.   Keep posting to let us know how things are going.  Feel free to ask questions of any moms here.  I read old post so I could learn from others, which answered a lot of my questions.

Dixiecharmer

proudmomofsep
by Member on Dec. 3, 2009 at 10:52 AM

Hi,

Congrats to you and your daughter for her decision to serve our country.  My daughter just graduated from BMT on Nov. 20th so if you have any specific questions about what it's like for the females, please feel free to contact me.  This week will be the hardest of all on you as you wait to hear from her.  The first phone call will be BRIEF - everyone writes about the 3 minute call...ours was more like 30 seconds.  I carried my phone everywhere with me and I had a pen and her address template in the case of my blackberry so I would be ready when she called.  It was the only call that my daughter sounded shaky on but she made it through and loves what she is doing.

Good luck to you.

Lisa

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)