Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about getting address

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:23 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 231 Total Views

The recruiter told me that I should receive a packet of stuff from the airforce that says where to book hotels and stuff.  Will this also have her address in it so that we can start sending her letters and cards?

Thanks for the help!

Dorinda
Proud mom to:
Kadie (18)
Alexandrea (13)

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
JessicaM07
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:48 PM

You should get a call from your daughter (?) a couple days after she leaves, they read their address off and that's it. When my hubby called I could hear people being yelled at in the background LOL, he latter told me anyone who tried to say much more outside of the adress and "I'm ok, I love you" were yelled at.

For me the pack didn't come until about half way through the 3rd week, and I didn't start to get letters from him until the 2nd week. I hope that answers your question.  

candis06
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 12:41 PM

Quoting JessicaM07:

You should get a call from your daughter (?) a couple days after she leaves, they read their address off and that's it. When my hubby called I could hear people being yelled at in the background LOL, he latter told me anyone who tried to say much more outside of the adress and "I'm ok, I love you" were yelled at.

For me the pack didn't come until about half way through the 3rd week, and I didn't start to get letters from him until the 2nd week. I hope that answers your question.  

wow that's crazy lol. but i guess it's to be expected. i think for me, i would rather the first call like that be on the answering machine so i didn't screw the address up and b/c he wouldn't be able to talk then i wouldn't have my kids cryin to talk to him lol. must have been a lot of people that tried to talk longer lol

dixiecharmer
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 7:57 PM

I was diving down the freeway when my son called to give me his address.  I did not have a pen or paper in my purse.  I had to pull over to rip one of these mail post cards out of a magazine and found a broken pencil under a seat.  I was peeling wood off the pencil to find lead so I could write the address down.  I did get the address and I made him repeat it three times.  Now I will be honest, I got it right the first time.  I wanted to hear his voice.smileair force

Dixiecharmer

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)